Author Topic: 503 when testing IMAP or attempting to login  (Read 18067 times)

Offline soupmagnet

503 when testing IMAP or attempting to login
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to set up Roundcube mail for shared hosting on my webserver.  I am using one site as a test bed and have the appropriate directives added to the vhost file for that site.  I have Varnish running on the server, but configured to ignore any URL containing '/webmail'.  During the install process, everything goes well up until testing IMAP.  I'm using Dovecot as my IMAP and SMTP server using ports 993 and 587 respectively.  Both are set as the default ports in the Roundcube config file.  SMTP tests out just fine, but testing IMAP always ends up with a 503 error after about 30 seconds or so.  Any attempt to login normally presents me with the same error.  There are no errors in the apache log for that site and the only thing that shows up in the dovecot log is the following:

Code: [Select]
dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts): rip=**.***.**.***, lip=**.***.**.***, TLS handshaking: Disconnected
Also, to ensure that the problem is not with my mail server, I changed the apache directive to use Squirrelmail (previously installed) instead of Roundcube.  Squirrelmail logs in, accesses the database, and sends & receives mail with no problems.  I'm sure it would also be helpful to know that I have postfixadmin installed and configured for creating and administering virtual users and accounts.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this problem myself, I would be greatly appreciative.  TIA

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: 503 when testing IMAP or attempting to login
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:09:13 PM »
Enable imap_debug in Roundcube and post the log.