Author Topic: Sending mail  (Read 4327 times)

Offline web4you

Sending mail
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:06:49 AM »
When I finally set everything up it worked for a weekend and now I can only receive emails but I can't send them. I haven't changed anything.

Offline actuel

Re: Sending mail
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »
i am experiencing the same problem

Offline romelia

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:07:14 PM »
Same here, any solution?

Offline kmn

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:56:02 AM »
I too am having this problem. I had posted to the user mailing list. But the issue has not been solved till now.

Anybody any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:11:59 AM »
Do you have any errors in your error log?

Offline kmn

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 03:37:17 AM »
Hello,

The RC logs do not contain anything of relevance. The following is taken from the server error logs. I have reproduced some of them which seem to be relevant.

[Mon Jul 23 04:45:14 2007] [error] PHP Notice: SMTP error: Failed to send data in /hsphere/local/home/xxx/webmail.xxx.xxx/program/include/bugs.inc on line 80

[Tue Jul 24 01:40:44 2007] [error] [client 61.1.236.204] File does not exist: /hsphere/local/home/xxx/webmail.xxx.xxx/(20) xxx Webmail Mail7_files/webmail.xxx.htm

[Tue Jul 24 12:17:35 2007] [error] [client 195.229.236.214] File does not exist: /hsphere/local/home/xxx/webmail.xxx.xxx/favicon.ico

The most curious part is that only some users experience this problem. Many can send mails without hitch. Since I have quite a few users, the reports are just trickling in. I am using it in a production environment on a beta rollout and I am really worried.

This is a hosted shared server, I have put a customised RC on a subdomain for webmail. Their control panel is hsphere.

kmn

Offline kmn

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 03:25:38 AM »
Update on the above.

Upgraded to the latest svn tarball version from sourceforge (nightly 20070612). This has a preview pane and html mail composition. But the html mail compose seems to be slightly buggy.

Something very strange is happening. A user is able to delete the default identity from the identities tab, even if there is only one identitity defined. Once this is done, the sender identitity is lost from the sender pull down. Mail cannot be sent from the users ID anymore.

On looking up the database, it is seen that the identitities table shows the deleted idenitity as DEL=1. If this is restored to DEL=0, sending operation becomes successful.

If more than one identitity is defined, user can send mail from the other identitity.

This seems to be a real bug. It seems to be logical to incorporate a script which would delete the user from the users table also, if his lone default identitity in the base domain is deleted. Or it would be still more logical to prevent users from deleting their lone identitities in their base domains. They may set this to non-default if they so desire, but no deletion.

Hope the develpment team will look into this.

I removed the identitities tab from the preferences to prevent a recurrence.

kmn