Author Topic: How to deactivate attachment preview?  (Read 8968 times)

Offline matthias

How to deactivate attachment preview?
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »
Konqueror has some problems with the attachment preview. The size of an image is about a quarter of the page and can't be enhanced. A simple direct link to a picture or pdf file will solve the issue as Konqueror has a good inbuild image handler, so how do I deactivate RoundCube's attachment preview?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: How to deactivate attachment preview?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:25:52 PM »
To deactivate RoundCube's attachment preview, go to
Code: [Select]
skins/default/templates/ Open
message.html find the line that says
change true to false then upload. That will deactivate them.

Offline matthias

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 08:56:54 AM »
Oh, thanks this hint is useful, but I meant another attachment preview. If you click the staple, the image or pdf gets embedded in a RoundCube image preview box which troubles Konqueror Browser. How can you change this to a direct link to the attachment?

Offline tjiel

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 04:44:29 AM »
Quote from: Matthias
Oh, thanks this hint is useful, but I meant another attachment preview. If you click the staple, the image or pdf gets embedded in a RoundCube image preview box which troubles Konqueror Browser. How can you change this to a direct link to the attachment?

Hi everybody,
I am using Roundcube 0.1-RC1 and if have the same problem. When I click a attached PDF-File it's displayed in a new window.
There the PDF looks like if I open it in a text-editor.
Not only with Konqueror, but with Firefox 2.0.0.6 and IE 6 (not tested with other browsers).

Is there a workaround to use the functions of the browser to display the PDF-file (or any other file-type)?

Thanks for help!

greetz, tjiel

Offline Mischungsmicha

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:41:28 AM »
Open program/js/app.js

Find the Line  

this.mimetypes = new Array('text/plain', 'text/html', 'text/xml',
               'image/jpeg', 'image/gif', 'image/png',
               'application/x-javascript', 'application/pdf',
               'application/x-shockwave-flash');

Delete:
'application/pdf',
Well opens with a download PDF's window

Bye Michael

Offline chinaman

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 05:42:36 AM »
I've been searching for this too thanks for the hint.
Now I am wondering if it would not be nice to have the mime-types set in the config file. and later they could also be connected to icons, to find here e.g. http://www.splitbrain.org/projects/file_icons

regards
Thomas

Offline LuBoc

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »
Hi,

Quote from: Mischungsmicha
Open program/js/app.js

Find the Line

Delete:
'application/pdf',

Bye Michael

I have problems with PDF attachments. Tested this "solution" and not work, when I click in PDF attach, is show a bunch of caracters :(
I change to deactivate RoundCube's attachment preview, but have same problem, is showing the caracters of PDF file. This is a example:
%PDF-1.4 %âãÏÓ 1 0 obj << /Type/Catalog/Pages 2 0 R/PageMode/UseNone/PageLayout/SinglePage/ViewerPreferences << >> >> endobj 6 0 obj << /Type/Page/Parent 2 0 R/MediaBox [0 0 595.5000 842.2500]/Resources 5 0 R/Contents 7 0 R/Dur 1/Trans <> >> endobj 7 0 obj << /Length 8 0 R/Filter /FlateDecode >> stream xœµMs·–†÷®òÀ2YØiôwg“ògÆ)ûV®¥Êf2‹ŽÔWÃ)Šm“’ï­ùiù5“Ê"•ÙÏ~š"€F‹Ìá9À‹¸*RIÔÃÓø8èџ•~žMÿ©ý?ïÛ«Û§Ož>ùüô‰ùÙòËöFmTf^}øRuÕójÿM[æÏójÿ¢AýCí)'Ay{ø»F@U4ϛ= k=пÿG¦®§7{øÍ?ÕIÚÇïy´Ý¹˜Ê¢¶˜æðâ8PòòðõTLËÉ\L,Ú٘ŠÒ@JÑYuø¦Îä1±hgcÃ’E÷Sä:<(îlTuqø¶éòÃUÙ¡êuþ×1ýUƒâÀíÿ©ÏêååÓ'™ºÜNÿ?u™Û›§O¾y»/ouùéžeÏu«[uy5õºË>}2¿¡i5—×OŸ|õb3ª÷ÃÕÝêËøµºü¯§OÞ\ª¿«3}ÔU²mweފ9°³UÓõó!q`ç›pö˜’gexL<Üù”J^¸KkB›0҄«C žúC›UsžÞ®°ª)ôÿЀÿö«úq;^ » 7Ý£Èm†W eÛÌÅÐfÏëüT1\Þoo{~èìqÃœzÊß”™Ñòn½¶$ôtkðnòÚ/Šñvä2=îíux7eÑ" ¡¨J¯ ]›n‘7^^wÝ_ J¡¬³G#dkâ oY4ƍɉ<1ÃŒ0h±nU^ÍTúyq¨¿y¾ùðQÐ:OEáeÀ¡ÅvQÝx9»hóç:?*ƒÃ§ç‚Æy4öÅ‹SSä~š*+#.Ë2P’ÞÙooX´ów]a(Ó ì¢ƒn%8´JimdUî×Éü~W'• N:[Š!”yøèÉ¢E\ÿÔ1³¶^€}Ã¶ð†—!Ò–¥6?ÐZî×,ZTе?lzïç7€½}RÓMàC”¹ÕÞ¨2 h‘`j_§ aÑn$Š!xDÈÚE6ÔÞ¨˜¹÷TïßhÈeßÖzïòýŽ+9¯ÊC)?LYÙÖט»ì¦5É{?ƒõͻۛéÛ×£¸2´ªç۝y· yÙ̵?WÆëÕv¸úã÷Q}nVã¦_«ëA½¹¾¿ê÷?|5lÅGë yU{áè¶5ž1•ÀŽ®§›œZ=S/n¶÷ŸúÛéýLJˆvWãºß©ë^] Ÿï‡Õ¶Ÿ^ôý}¿½~ì$²ð—ÀË:÷JK›©®¦ö›ît—·ÿá3zùÛnuÕ«ëq§ò_Õ Š_Õ«ÕÕz|Ös3Ïêڋ¯²·åe·¸ñY?ÔÛTb/Ö÷›qÇÏ5nþƎ•}IÌ싽®«êÄìSë·¦©§6ê5}i%I׎ݥ™”mÍ/í$­,é2hqwmYŸÊ¹Mæå£7›Ýj{Úë8µß©µF¥Ã9åëéÎÇ÷+“~+?ËöŸï‡µºèÙOp¿7ȇJ°MmV9¯ïРć&CDL,š@ "†M †ˆlâ%Ãeº CÄÈÌ¢¥Ãe „‰!¤ ph1´ÂŒ´$b¸¬• 1t!CĐ %ú3QDŠáQÃ…E‰!Aˆ¡ˆ4ÚއC‚ÆÃÚÜbĐ¢ñÅÐnÀ€ˆ!ã‹a=j$¸1q`1´R8ºkƒˆ!AK"†öæÉ&1,Ä°6 "†,ÖþL¡àòg±r!cĐÂE‰aÖ¶Õ)1¬;¯^nï'ü°º9háænÜ©·Ãv{zÃÇy/¬ú,Ê šÀ !1qh/DÄÄ¢ ¼ÐQ ^HÐ^ˆH6,Z/\d› /D ÃŒ,Z"/\”@˜Bڇ&ðBKÁx!AKㅋZ òB2Ä Z/lü3á^xTqQ^HÐ^è|â…Mà…uåÎS° üð¢ /$h|/´7/¤h|/,Í^>ˆ0¾ZÄ ˜À -ä…Nà…îÚ ^HВxae®Ýzaà…¥‰â…,ÚÏÜ<”€àòg¯r!c¼ÂÅ-N#à)/¬r¯^õÛý³^÷_V×êýx¿6ŒêýJr¨Åìq^ÇX!AX!$&M`…ˆ˜X4: Ä šÀ ©†EKc…‹\d…ˆa™EKd…‹³BHàÐVh)+$hi¬pQ+AVèB†X!AKc…•¿g&Ãœ *.Ê šÀ  @¬ ¡ϕl_ì ñ­07“ã+¤h|+´8ˆ0¾ZÄ ˜À -dÂ…N`…îÚ VHВXaᑤó¦°BW«+$`i¬°ð§ ÍVÃ¥BÆX!…‹[-ìt~Ê ‹Ò+W¿Ý­zõvµ^}êՋÍÝýfØ©w›ß®V¢KOô|€4BbâÐZˆˆ‰Eh¡£@´ ´‘kX4äíwaa\&›é ã2‹–H %¦…6À¡ ´Ð;Òïðš(-$hi´0¸]:‘s!C´ ¥ÑÂÂß1®…G¥…M Â…N

If anyone have a solution, please help!

Regards,
LuBoc

Offline x1024

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
Quote from: LuBoc
Hi,

Quote from: Mischungsmicha
Open program/js/app.js

Find the Line  

Delete:
'application/pdf',

Bye Michael

I have problems with PDF attachments. Tested this "solution" and not work, when I click in PDF attach, is show a bunch of caracters :(
I change to deactivate RoundCube's attachment preview, but have same problem, is showing the caracters of PDF file. This is a example:
%PDF-1.4 %âãÏÓ 1 0 obj << /Type/Catalog/Pages 2 0 R/PageMode/UseNone/PageLayout/SinglePage/ViewerPreferences << >> >> endobj 6 0 obj << /Type/Page/Parent 2 0 R/MediaBox [0 0 595.5000 842.2500]/Resources 5 0 R/Contents 7 0 R/Dur 1/Trans <> >> endobj 7 0 obj << /Length 8 0 R/Filter /FlateDecode >> stream xœµMs·–†÷®òÀ2YØiôwg“ògÆ)ûV®¥Êf2‹ŽÔWÃ)Šm“’ï­ùiù5“Ê"•ÙÏ~š"€F‹Ìá9À‹¸*RIÔÃÓø8èџ•~žMÿ©ý?ïÛ«Û§Ož>ùüô‰ùÙòËöFmTf^}øRuÕójÿM[æÏójÿ¢AýCí)'Ay{ø»F@U4ϛ= k=пÿG¦®§7{øÍ?ÕIÚÇïy´Ý¹˜Ê¢¶˜æðâ8PòòðõTLËÉ\L,Ú٘ŠÒ@JÑYuø¦Îä1±hgcÃ’E÷Sä:<(îlTuqø¶éòÃUÙ¡êuþ×1ýUƒâÀíÿ©ÏêååÓ'™ºÜNÿ?u™Û›§O¾y»/ouùéžeÏu«[uy5õºË>}2¿¡i5—×OŸ|õb3ª÷ÃÕÝêËøµºü¯§OÞ\ª¿«3}ÔU²mweފ9°³UÓõó!q`ç›pö˜’gexL<Üù”J^¸KkB›0҄«C žúC›UsžÞ®°ª)ôÿЀÿö«úq;^ » 7Ý£Èm†W eÛÌÅÐfÏëüT1\Þoo{~èìqÃœzÊß”™Ñòn½¶$ôtkðnòÚ/Šñvä2=îíux7eÑ" ¡¨J¯ ]›n‘7^^wÝ_ J¡¬³G#dkâ oY4ƍɉ<1ÃŒ0h±nU^ÍTúyq¨¿y¾ùðQÐ:OEáeÀ¡ÅvQÝx9»hóç:?*ƒÃ§ç‚Æy4öÅ‹SSä~š*+#.Ë2P’ÞÙooX´ów]a(Ó ì¢ƒn%8´JimdUî×Éü~W'• N:[Š!”yøèÉ¢E\ÿÔ1³¶^€}Ã¶ð†—!Ò–¥6?ÐZî×,ZTе?lzïç7€½}RÓMàC”¹ÕÞ¨2 h‘`j_§ aÑn$Š!xDÈÚE6ÔÞ¨˜¹÷TïßhÈeßÖzïòýŽ+9¯ÊC)?LYÙÖט»ì¦5É{?ƒõͻۛéÛ×£¸2´ªç۝y· yÙ̵?WÆëÕv¸úã÷Q}nVã¦_«ëA½¹¾¿ê÷?|5lÅGë yU{áè¶5ž1•ÀŽ®§›œZ=S/n¶÷ŸúÛéýLJˆvWãºß©ë^] Ÿï‡Õ¶Ÿ^ôý}¿½~ì$²ð—ÀË:÷JK›©®¦ö›ît—·ÿá3zùÛnuÕ«ëq§ò_Õ Š_Õ«ÕÕz|Ös3Ïêڋ¯²·åe·¸ñY?ÔÛTb/Ö÷›qÇÏ5nþƎ•}IÌ싽®«êÄìSë·¦©§6ê5}i%I׎ݥ™”mÍ/í$­,é2hqwmYŸÊ¹Mæå£7›Ýj{Úë8µß©µF¥Ã9åëéÎÇ÷+“~+?ËöŸï‡µºèÙOp¿7ȇJ°MmV9¯ïРć&CDL,š@ "†M †ˆlâ%Ãeº CÄÈÌ¢¥Ãe „‰!¤ ph1´ÂŒ´$b¸¬• 1t!CĐ %ú3QDŠáQÃ…E‰!Aˆ¡ˆ4ÚއC‚ÆÃÚÜbĐ¢ñÅÐnÀ€ˆ!ã‹a=j$¸1q`1´R8ºkƒˆ!AK"†öæÉ&1,Ä°6 "†,ÖþL¡àòg±r!cĐÂE‰aÖ¶Õ)1¬;¯^nï'ü°º9háænÜ©·Ãv{zÃÇy/¬ú,Ê šÀ !1qh/DÄÄ¢ ¼ÐQ ^HÐ^ˆH6,Z/\d› /D ÃŒ,Z"/\”@˜Bڇ&ðBKÁx!AKㅋZ òB2Ä Z/lü3á^xTqQ^HÐ^è|â…Mà…uåÎS° üð¢ /$h|/´7/¤h|/,Í^>ˆ0¾ZÄ ˜À -ä…Nà…îÚ ^HВxae®Ýzaà…¥‰â…,ÚÏÜ<”€àòg¯r!c¼ÂÅ-N#à)/¬r¯^õÛý³^÷_V×êýx¿6ŒêýJr¨Åìq^ÇX!AX!$&M`…ˆ˜X4: Ä šÀ ©†EKc…‹\d…ˆa™EKd…‹³BHàÐVh)+$hi¬pQ+AVèB†X!AKc…•¿g&Ãœ *.Ê šÀ  @¬ ¡ϕl_ì ñ­07“ã+¤h|+´8ˆ0¾ZÄ ˜À -dÂ…N`…îÚ VHВXaᑤó¦°BW«+$`i¬°ð§ ÍVÃ¥BÆX!…‹[-ìt~Ê ‹Ò+W¿Ý­zõvµ^}êՋÍÝýfØ©w›ß®V¢KOô|€4BbâÐZˆˆ‰Eh¡£@´ ´‘kX4äíwaa\&›é ã2‹–H %¦…6À¡ ´Ð;Òïðš(-$hi´0¸]:‘s!C´ ¥ÑÂÂß1®…G¥…M Â…N

If anyone have a solution, please help!

Regards,
LuBoc

it sounds like the mime setting on your apache isn't being correctly set

Offline wizard

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »
I have tried both of the fixes above - Users are still unable to open PDF attachments - The attachment tries to open in a new window and says "loading data" and then just reopens the Inbox

PHP    PHP Version: 4.4.7
DataBase    MYSQL Version: 4.1.22-standard
Firefox and IE7 same problem

Please advise :(

Offline wizard

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 02:37:31 AM »
Looks like this is a bug fix for this issue: http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484198

I have tried patching but this is the output:

patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input. :(