Author Topic: Please help me with Attachments (upload files)  (Read 5740 times)

Offline Bononi

Please help me with Attachments (upload files)
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:43:30 AM »
Hy everyone! Sorry for my bad english...
Plese i need a help with attachments in roundcube. I can´t send email with more than 2MB of attachs.
I have configured the php.ini with (upload_max_filesize   10M) and (memory_limit   10M) and configured the .htaccess of round cube too with (php_value upload_max_filesize 10M) and (php_value memory_limit 10M).
I configured all of this but i cant send my emails more the 2MB.... i just need send 300MB

I have a internal email in my office, installed postfix+roundcube+courier+mysql and i need a help please.

Thanks.

Bononi

Offline Florianer

Re: Please help me with Attachments (upload files)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:51:23 AM »
Hi there!
I set up the .htaccess in the root folder of RC to 200M upload. It works... I am able to send emails greater than 2M. Is RC saying, that the mail size is exceeded? Do your IMAP server allow you, to send such large attachments?

BTW: 300MiB as an email attachment?! Wow, that is really big. Is your script running out of time? Script execution time is by default 600sec (not quite sure... maybe less). And why the heck are you sending 300 MiB via email? Wouldn't it better, to upload it via FTP and provide a link to the attachment in the mail? How big is your line? 300MiB takes some time, didn't it? If I will receive this mail, my Outlook will be blocked a long time... that wouldn't be nice eather.
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline Bononi

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:34:38 AM »
>Hi there!
>I set up the .htaccess in the root folder of RC to 200M upload. It works... I am able to send emails >greater than 2M. Is RC saying, that the mail size is exceeded? Do your IMAP server allow you, to send >such large attachments?

The RC saying nothing of this.... when i click send...... appear message sending during 15...30 secs but not send this email greater than 2M. I dont know how to allow my IMAP server send large attachments, if you know... please help me.... I just configured my php.ini and .htaccess.

>BTW: 300MiB as an email attachment?! Wow, that is really big. Is your script running out of time? Script >execution time is by default 600sec (not quite sure... maybe less). And why the heck are you sending >300 MiB via email? Wouldn't it better, to upload it via FTP and provide a link to the attachment in the >mail? How big is your line? 300MiB takes some time, didn't it? If I will receive this mail, my Outlook will be >blocked a long time... that wouldn't be nice eather.

My email server is a intranet mail server, run only via webmail. We have here archives with 200MiB ... 300MiB... because this i need 300MiB for trafic in that intranet mail server.
What is this script (running out of time)?

Thanks again...

Bononi

Offline xyanide

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:37:16 AM »
Maximum script execution time is 60 seconds (standard php.ini settings).
Also, in your php.ini, or your httpd.conf (don`t really remember) you need to change the maximum upload setting.

And for uploading 300mb with e-mail, wouldn`t it be better to upload this to an uploading service like rapidshare, or megaupload?.

- Xyanide

Offline Bononi

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »
And for uploading 300mb with e-mail, wouldn`t it be better to upload this to an uploading service like rapidshare, or megaupload?.

Xyanide,

How i say in my last post of this topic, i have a intranet webmail server, and works only in my office, i need attach this files (various sizes) for trafic only in my network. This emails with attachments dont trafic in the internet .... Is a intranet webmail server.... understand?
Sorry for my bad english...

Thanks...

Bononi

Offline Bononi

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 02:19:54 PM »
I was testing with outlook express, and send email normaly. I send an attach with 100MB by outlook, and the RoundCube recive this email normaly. I just not send email greater than 1,4mb with RoundCube.
Please help me....  :-\

Thanks...

Offline Bononi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
Newssssss!!!! Thanks for all!! Now i can send attachments greater than 2MB
I change the folowing archives:

php.ini
memory_limit = 9999M
post_max_size = 9999M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 9999M

.htaccess (root of RC)
# AddDefaultCharset   UTF-8
php_flag   display_errors   Off
php_flag   log_errors   On
php_value   error_log   logs/errors
php_value   upload_max_filesize   9999M
php_value   memory_limit   9999M

Postfix (main.cf)
message_size_limit=1000000000

With this configurations i can send more than 2mb in my webmail RC  :) ;) :D ;D

Thanks for all!!!

Bononi

Offline xyanide

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 04:52:58 PM »
Nice,

And about my reply, you posted just a couple of seconds before me so i didn`t read your message^^.

But great that you got it sorted!