Author Topic: Sudden problems with roundcube and yahoo imap service  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Jazzl

Sudden problems with roundcube and yahoo imap service
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »
Dear All,

I´ve been using roundcube installed at ipage.com for quite some time, and used it for connecting via my personal domain to ssl://imap.mail.yahoo.com:993.

A few days ago, I started experiencing problems though: I do manage to login, and the number of emails in the folders are counted and showing on the left.
However, the overview of folder content (list of email subjects) remains blank for folders w 3400+ emails, inbox and sent. Folders up to 2300 messages, show the email headers though.
This is happening for two different yahoo accounts.
At the beginning of this week, there were no problems in loading folders with 7000+ emails.
I have tried this on multiple browsers, 2 different computers and even from my mobile phone.
Logging in to yahoo mail the normal way via mail.yahoo.com works fine.
Using an alternative imap client shows all email headers, and this is why I think the problem must be with roundcube and not with yahoo.
My best bet is that there´s a corrupted database issue, and that clearing the same would resolve it.

I hope it´s not too far out to ask in this forum for help.. at least I think I have good reasons to think that the problem lies within Roundcube itself, but I may of course be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and best Regards

Jazzl

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Sudden problems with roundcube and yahoo imap service
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:36:21 AM »
What Roundcube version are you using? What in your error log?

Offline Jazzl

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
What Roundcube version are you using? What in your error log?

Hi Skaero,

Thanks for your reply.

I´m using 0.9.5  - just upgraded from what I installed June last year to see if that solved the problem - and the error log does not add anything at all.
I can see that because there´s one line in the new log showing an errornous attempt of logging on from before I reconfigured it to yahoos imap service, but after that, when succesfully logging into yahoo, it has not added anything new.
Btw, when it´s been working for a while to retrieve email headers and finally stops, it says "service unavailable".
I would have thought that it´s due to a protocol change at yahoo.com, but since it works on folder with less headers, then I don´t think it´s got anything to do with that.

Thanks.

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 01:03:55 PM »
Yahoo's IMAP servers have always been odd but it sounds more like a server configuration problem to me. Can you access any of the server error logs?

Offline Jazzl

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Yahoo's IMAP servers have always been odd but it sounds more like a server configuration problem to me. Can you access any of the server error logs?

Yes, if you mean the logs/errors file from roundcube, There´s no evidence there of what´s going on. Error logging level set to 1.
And as mentioned, another imap client (mailbird) can retrieve the headers, so that´s why I´m thinking it´s a database corruption in Roundcube..

Best Regards

Jazzl

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »
No I mean the web server (Apache most likely) logs.

Offline Jazzl

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 05:47:32 PM »
No I mean the web server (Apache most likely) logs.

Is that the one in /stats/ named access_log_(date).qz?

Best Regards

Jazzl

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »
That is the web server access log, I'm interested in the error log which is normally named error_log but may vary depending on the server configuration.

Offline Jazzl

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »
That is the web server access log, I'm interested in the error log which is normally named error_log but may vary depending on the server configuration.

I´ve been looking around for something which smells like that, but couldn´t find it.. I prolly don´t have access to that :(

Offline Jazzl

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 06:45:04 AM »
Ok, I managed to fix it!

I uninstalled roundcube completely and reinstalled it Again - now Things are back to normal!

Best Regards

Jazzl