Author Topic: 3-column layout based on default theme  (Read 19015 times)

Offline johnwoo

3-column layout based on default theme
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:08:25 PM »
I've done a bit of CSS hacking on the default theme to turn it into a 3 column layout. Click on the thumbnail for a pic:

This theme is based on the default theme from the 20070612 SVN version.
I also made some changes to the preview pane CSS to make it scroll horizontally if too wide.

I've tested it on Firefox2 and IE7.
IE6 will probably show some artifacts (at least one since I use the :first-child pseudo-class which IE6 does not support) or it might even look screwed-up altogether - I don't know; it's not installed on my PC :P
On IE7, the only glitch I have found so far is that the subject line will wrap over if it is too long to fit, obscuring the sender/recipient and date fields below it (screenie).

Download here: default_3column.zip
Feel free to improve upon it!

Some technical details:
All changes are in mail.css except one letter difference in the mail.html template ('h' to 'v') to make the splitter vertically oriented.
The message list table cells are not rendered as table cells anymore, but are positioned 'absolute'. This was necessary to show two rows of info per message.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: 3-column layout based on default theme
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »
Thanks! :D Looks great, Thanks for the post!

Offline johnwoo

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »
No prob :)

I found a nasty bug; the layout is screwed if you turn the preview pane off. Of course this layout only makes sense with the preview pane on, and I've already thought of a fix to only use the altered messagelist-CSS if the preview pane is turned on. Otherwise it will be completely identical to the default theme. I'll work it out and post it tomorrow ;)

Offline wesley

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:58:35 PM »
very nice but whenever i click any email, doesnt show up on right side, just nothing, tried IE and FF (i use opera), samething

Offline ccholewiak

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 01:41:34 PM »
Quote from: wesley
very nice but whenever i click any email, doesnt show up on right side, just nothing, tried IE and FF (i use opera), samething

just installed it too, and same issue, no email shows in far right,when an email is selected from middle column/pane

Offline dunccs

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 05:34:40 AM »
Any idea where the actuall working theme would be out, been following u guys but nothing yet????

Offline youds

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:12:07 AM »
Great work!!  :)

Presuming all goes well, I'll further you're developments if you don't mind and make it more like Outlook etc.

There are a few things I see need clearing up. Quickest way to solve the most important problem is to remove the users ability to disable the preview pane

There may be more to do than extract the folder in that case.. but if you don't like it then you'll just have to do the additional css work to get it working without the preview pane

More to come..

Offline neo123

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »
Hi i am using centos 4.4 and directadmin.... Do you have a step by step how to for me?

thanks

Offline BShurilla09

Bump
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 04:12:39 PM »
Bump after years lol

Offline SUTKI72

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
johnwoo

Thank you for your file. It is very useful to me!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:34:35 AM by SUTKI72 »

Offline robo45h

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 11:27:02 AM »
Quote from: SUTKI72;33520
johnwoo

Thank you for your file. It is very useful to me!

OK, I'm baffled. The file was uploaded years ago, so it may not even work with the present version. But more importantly, I just tried the link, and the file is no longer available. After all these years I can't believe a right-side preview pane option isn't available in the core application.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 10:19:27 AM »
Quote from: robo45h;33541
OK, I'm baffled. After all these years I can't believe a right-side preview pane option isn't available in the core application.

Why don't you pick up the challenge and make one for other users. Check this download for an example and implement it in the current theme?
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Esspweb

Custom Essay Writing Service
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 05:26:31 AM »
Thanks for the great post.