Author Topic: Selecting Multiple Messages  (Read 6119 times)

Offline w7

Selecting Multiple Messages
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:33:54 AM »
I find selecting multiple messages very hard.

I single-click the first message, then single-click the others while Shift is held. That way, I can drag multiple messages into another folder.

I find this works, but more often than not, RC misinterprets the single-click as a double-click and opens the selected message in a new tab. This is not only annoying, but also raises my concern as this might mean to open spam messages.

Is multi-select not working very well, or am I doing it in the wrong way?

Offline Florianer

Re: Selecting Multiple Messages
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:47:45 AM »
I tried this now for a while (but in svn 639) and I think, it functions right... both, right and left shift, results in multiple marked messages. Holding one of the both Strg/Ctrl keys pressed and clicking on single messages results in multiple marked messages you clicked on... I have not experienced one opening message...
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline w7

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 04:32:35 AM »
Lucky you. I tried again and made very sure not to accidentally clicking twice, but RC still opens many of the Shift+single-clicked messages in a new tab for viewing.
Maybe my mouse preferences vary from yours. I don't know what may cause this, but its pretty annoying.

Offline Florianer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 04:38:55 AM »
hmm... I'm actually at the labor room in my 'Hochschule'. I'm working with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and I have a Logitech optical 2 buttons mouse with wheel and the double click speed in the systems settings are at the 7th point from left. This is one point over the half to fast. Have you tried some other browser?
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature