Author Topic: Is it just me or is 1.0.0 very slow?  (Read 3910 times)

Offline espirates

Is it just me or is 1.0.0 very slow?
« on: April 16, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »
Prior to upgrading, RC was relatively fast, but now with 1.0.0 it's extremely slow to load messages.

Offline lhtek

Re: Is it just me or is 1.0.0 very slow?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:46:53 AM »
To me RoundCube has always been rather slow - especially if you have a lot of messages in your inbox (or whatever box you are viewing) - however, 1.0.0 does seem particularly slow to me.

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »
What "extremely slow" exactly means? What IMAP server? What PHP version? What browser? What skin? Did you try with disabled all plugins? What messages list options? Threading enabled? Caching enabled? Provide configuration. Enable all *_debug options in Rouncube config and check logs to see if there's any lag in communication to servers.

Offline ras07

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Prior to upgrading, RC was relatively fast, but now with 1.0.0 it's extremely slow to load messages.

After I upgraded I could never get the schema update to work - it always hung, and I never got rid of the "DB schema is not OK" message on the Installer screen. But everything seemed to be working, so I left it. However I too noticed that 1.0.0 seemed awfully slow. I eventually DROPped the database, reCREATEd it, and ran the installer again. It seems to be running normally since. Of course everyone lost their saved settings. Wasn't a big deal in my case, but I'm sure somebody with more database chops than I could figure out how to export and re-import those settings.

Just one ancecdotal data point, of course

ras

Offline tyuhas

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
I've tried to throw hardware at it but what I've found is that sorting is the biggest killer of performance on large Inboxes. Once that sort option is associated with your user preferences (users table, you'll see "message_sort_col"), things will slow down.  After all the other stuff I tried, I "null"ed mine out as a test and my Gmail "All Mail" folder can pop up in around 4 secs (60k messages).

Offline alec

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »
As I know Gmail does not support SORT. That's why it's slow.