Author Topic: Carddav + Owncloud + Roundcube sync trouble  (Read 3731 times)

Offline alicjazurawie

Carddav + Owncloud + Roundcube sync trouble
« on: May 12, 2014, 11:01:53 AM »
Hello,

I have been running roundcube for over a year with no problem - and up until recently had it set up with the carddav plugin for roundcube (version 0.9) to take addresses from an owncloud address book. It synced two ways - from owncloud to android, and from owncloud to roundcube. I have had to make a few changes to my serverspace to use php5.5 as I was experiencing problems with Wordpress - and as such had to upgrade roundcube from 0.9 to 1.0 as the earlier version wouldn't work with php5.5 .

Owncloud still talks to android and syncs properly, but I cannot get owncloud to sync with roundcube. I've installed the latest plugin for roundcube, I ran the sql query on the database, and when I go to add an owncloud address book via carddav from within my roundcube account, it says 'saved successfully' but the addresses do not show up in my address book and nor do they show up in the database. I have tried using both owncloud v6.0 and downgrading to the older 5.0 I used to use, but have had no luck with either.

I'm completely lost with this one so I thought I would ask in case it is something others have had issue with? Please forgive me if I have put this question in the wrong section. I am new to the forums and did a search before posting, and this seemed to be the best place for my query.

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives thought or time to replying...

Alice

ETA I but the bullet and did a complete clean reinstall of roundcube - including my database - and owncloud (currently rolled back to  version 5) and the syncing is up and working again. I think it was a problem with the update from roundcube 0.95 to 1.0.0 as it seemed to duplicate some files and mess things up. Anyway. I am now running Roundcube 1.0.1 + OwnCloud 5 (setup with sqlite) and the latest carddav plugin for versions 1.0.0 upwards works perfectly.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:38:16 PM by alicjazurawie »