Author Topic: delete attachments  (Read 15653 times)

Offline talvins

delete attachments
« on: April 15, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
Would it be possible to offer possibility to delete attachments (as can be done in thunderbird) ?

Thanks.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
delete attachments
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:05:40 AM »
Hi,

I thought I would have a go at making a plugin to do this.  The idea is simple enough – add a button next to each attachment to allow the user to delete that attachment from the message, saving space in their mailbox. I did this by making a copy of the message but missing out the attachment then saving it on the server and deleting the original.

Warning: Because of the message copying this is going to need a lot of testing so please use with care. In my testing I have seen a couple of messages where the text encoding goes a little wrong, this was because of incorrect charsets specified in the original message.

If you would like to give it a go you can download a copy from here https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-Remove-Attachments

Any feedback welcome!
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Jonathan More

Re: delete attachments
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »
Hi, my question is so close to this one so I decided to continue this thread.
When I delete the attachment in Outlook IMAP account, it will create copy of that message to web mail (server) without the attachment and the old message with the attachment grays out but stays there.
I assume the old message is still using that space?

Since I am hoping to save space this way, is there any easy way how I could get those attachments deleted also from server?

Offline talvins

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »
argh ! I'd never read JohnDoh's answer. I only see it now, when a new message is posted. Unfortunately github link doesn't work anymore :( shame on me.

Offline cristyde

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
Hi, is this plugin (or something similar) still available somewhere?
Thanks.

Cristóbal.

Offline rosali

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
There is a plugin called remove_attachments from the MyRoundCube project (commercial) http://myroundcube.com/ that allows to delete attachments.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline roundthecube

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »
Doesn't look like the addon is still available. I use roundcube as a part of my domain hosting provider anyways, so can't use plugins. Would love to be able to remove attachments, but save the email as a normal part of Roundcube. Thanks