Author Topic: M$ Outlook PST Archiving and viewing of EML Attachments  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Egy

M$ Outlook PST Archiving and viewing of EML Attachments
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:35:20 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to RC and I'm trying to migrate my old Microsoft Mail Post Office service to a newer and more performant triad Postfix-Dovecot-Roundcube on a Debian/Ubuntu system.

That Said, and even adding that I would like to force all e-mail client to manage almost all of mail operations only through RC web interface, I'm facing with a not simple issue: old PST archiving and reading of EML attachments.

Going into details, I've already converted some PST in Dovecot Maildirs, and I can read correctly these folders by RC. The problem arise when I try to view an EML attachments: I can only download it... But it is not my goal!! In fact, I would be free from any installation of E-Mail Program on clients but I should really do this to read a such kind of files if download is the only thing I can do.

Instead, it was a good idea if RC could open an EML attachment in another browser' window just like it open a normal email residing in a Dovecot Maildir: how can it be made possible?

Help me, please!!

RC: 0.95
Apache: 2.2.22 (Debian)
PHP: 5.4.4-14+deb7u7
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:39:25 AM by Egy »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: M$ Outlook PST Archiving and viewing of EML Attachments
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »
I agree this would be nice to have, I don't know of a plugin that does it.

Offline Egy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
And couldn't it be possible to integrate this feature in a standard installation of 0.95 RC ?

Regards,
E.M.

Offline mary

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 03:52:11 AM »
I'm also very interested in opening an eml attachment like a normal email and not only dowload it.
Is there a plugin that implements this feature?
Thanks,
Mary