Author Topic: POP3 or Mailbox-Fetching  (Read 4974 times)

Offline michaeljk

POP3 or Mailbox-Fetching
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:59:17 AM »
Hello there,

just wanted to ask if it's possible to check POP3-boxes with the latest SVN-release or RC1. I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be build in at the moment. I searched a bit in the forum and found a few (old) topics about that, but nothing from 2007.

Mainly, we have some new serversystems which are IMAP-capable, but we also want to include some older servers with POP3 into the webmail-interface. So if there's no solution to connect with Roundcube directly, does someone of you have a workarround for this (perhaps a Proxy-Daemon which connects to the POP3-Server but actually acts like an IMAP-system, just with one Inbox without subfolders) ? It's important that we must not install the webmailer on each server seperatly, it must be on one "webmail-server" only.

A second solution would be a fetchmail-like system, which connects to certain POP3-boxes to transfer the messages directly into the imap-boxes on the webmail-server.

Michael

Offline Florianer

Re: POP3 or Mailbox-Fetching
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 07:05:39 AM »
Hi,

sorry to disappoint you, but as far as I know, RC is only a frontend for IMAP. This is, what I know, but I also would be happy about a possibility to see the inbox of a POP3 server.
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: POP3 or Mailbox-Fetching
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
Yes Roundcube is Imap only, Hopefully it will be added at some point in time. Sorry.