Author Topic: rename index.php  (Read 6688 times)

Offline indie

rename index.php
« on: July 23, 2006, 07:21:01 PM »
Hi, I just installed roundcube and its working beautifully. I am impressed. However I need to make a change, and need some help doing it correctly.

I want to rename index.php to something like mail.php so I can keep it in my webroot but not have it conflict with the rest of my site.

Any help would be very appreciated! :)

---Indie

Offline dogbody

Re: rename index.php
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:32:56 PM »
you could also setup your web server to use a virtual host and make the url something like mail.mydomain.com

Offline indie

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:43:19 AM »
I could, but what I'm trying to do is integrate roundcube with another script in a way that the user will never leave the webroot. It should be just a matter of tracking down paths and redirects in other files but if someone has done this they could save me a lot of time.

Thanks for the reply!

---indie

Offline ThorstenS

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:03:00 AM »
You could rewrite the URL with apaches mod_proxy?!
Or use an iframe *shiver*
 ;)

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:51:16 AM »
indie:

I don't think anyone has done what you're asking. You'd have to do it yourself. But you know.... it really wouldn't be that hard to do. If you use a good text-editor (like EditPlus) you can search in files in a directory (and its sub-directories) and look for a string. One that would be like: "./?" and rename that to something like: "mail.php?".

If I don't go to work today, I'll see if I can knock this out for you on the 280 SVN version.... but I'm not promising anything.

Offline indie

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 04:26:33 PM »
Thanks for the input and replies. I'll get it eventually, just spread very thin for time these days (aren't we all). I think it would be a good option to have in this script though, pretty sure it would be some people's preference.

Thanks again,
---indie