Author Topic: Who wants to help develop an iPhone/.mac theme?  (Read 14819 times)

Offline thecutsquad

Who wants to help develop an iPhone/.mac theme?
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:35:41 PM »
I have very good creative design skills, but really suck at coding, so there is my predicament, but I will be creating the icons/png files for use in a theme that is iPhone and .mac like. So if anyone out there is up for getting together online and coding it, that would be great. I should have the icons done this weekend!

you can leave me a message here, I will respond in the evening after work.

Thanks,

Gabe

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Who wants to help develop an iPhone/.mac theme?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:43 PM »
I am already working on a them like this see here: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1795.msg7781#msg7781 I hope to have it done soon.

Offline thecutsquad

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 07:15:35 PM »
iPhone too?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »
No not a iphone theme for 2 very good reasons,
1. I don't have a iphone
2. You can connect the same mail sever from the iphone using the iphone's mail application.

Offline titigrou

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 11:51:06 AM »
dot mac interface is very very cool (as every mac interface!).
I wish Skaero works on it coming soon!
But, it's possible, the interface of dotmac, or future version of mail.app in Leopard (X.5) will change... See u in October apple's fan!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »
Yes I hope to change the theme for Leopard when it comes out but right now I just want to get the theme done!

Offline titigrou

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 02:41:01 AM »
i think, just icons will be changes, and more fonctionality in Mail3.app, but for design, it will be same as mail2.app.
I'm waiting the results of your work Skaero! you can post a screenshot in order to help us to have patience?

Offline BKuchar

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »
Hi There,

I'm intersted in developing an iPhone / iPod touch skin, since there is no mobilmail.app for the iPod touch i think a lot of people would use an easy to use webapp.

greets
Benny

Offline geeheeb

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 03:28:38 PM »
Quote from: BKuchar
Hi There,

I'm intersted in developing an iPhone / iPod touch skin, since there is no mobilmail.app for the iPod touch i think a lot of people would use an easy to use webapp.

greets
Benny

Roundcube would probably work really well if you could double click in MobileSafari.

Offline franzzup

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »
Roundcube would probably work really well if you could double click in MobileSafari.

As it happens, I ran into that issue.

I worked around it by increasing the double-click time in RoundCube by editing the file program/js/app.js. The double-click time is set by the line "this.dblclick_time = 500;". I changed it to 800, and now if I'm careful I can double-click to open the message without zooming in Mobile Safari.

A better solution would be to add a "view message" button to the button bar. This would also help users who simply have difficulty double-clicking. It's probably a very simple patch to write, but I haven't gotten into the source code at all yet...

Note that it's also a bit tricky to scroll the message pane in Mobile Safari, as dragging with one finger tries to scroll the entire browser window. However, if you drag with two fingers, the message pane will scroll and the browser window will stay put.

Best,
Franzzup