Author Topic: virtual Users  (Read 5317 times)

Offline neversfelde

virtual Users
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:02:53 PM »
Hello,

I'm using an email service with postfix, courier imap and mysql virtual domains. I'd like to switch from squirrelmail to roundcubemail and I tested it. My prior mailaddy is christian.mangold [at] iurisprudentia.de and it is also my username. I can login with it without any problem. I do have several other virtual users, but I cannot login with them. I can't figure out whats the problem.

In main.inc.php is a section "$rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '';" several howtos told me to add /etc/postfix/virtualtables in there, but I do not have such a file.

Thank you for helping

Christian

Offline rtomanek

Re: virtual Users
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:18:15 AM »
Hi,

I am using Dovecot and I am a unfamiliar with Courier, but anyway: check Courier logs (you probably need to increase the loglevel) to see whether the authentication succeeds.

I do not fully understand what you meant with 'mysql virtual domains' -- are you using MySQL as backend authentication provider for Courier/ Postfix? If so, there is $rcmail_config['virtuser_query'] parameter in main.inc.php which you may wish to use. If not, well... I have all the parameters regarding domains and virtusers set to empty string so Dovecot does all the job.

Regards,
R.

Offline neversfelde

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »
Sorry for my limited english. Yes, I am using postfix with sasl/mysql and courier with authmysql. I will give "$rcmail_config['virtuser_query'" a try.

Offline neversfelde

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:58:08 AM »
I stored users and passwords in a database called "maildb" in table "users". There are the fields "email" and "password". now I tried:

$rcmail_config['virtuser_query'] = "SELECT email FROM maildb.users WHERE email = '%u'";

It does not work, I cannot login.
How does roundcube now which user and password is needed to access to this database?

Offline rtomanek

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »
Hi,

no idea, sorry. You could try temporarily copying the 'users' table to your RoundCube database, as I presume this is the one used by default.

Apart from this, enabling MySQL log (the regular, not the binary one) might be a good idea -- you'll at least see what actually gets executed.

r.

Offline eekamouse

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »
Quote from: neversfelde
I stored users and passwords in a database called "maildb" in table "users". There are the fields "email" and "password". now I tried:

$rcmail_config['virtuser_query'] = "SELECT email FROM maildb.users WHERE email = '%u'";

It does not work, I cannot login.
How does roundcube now which user and password is needed to access to this database?

Hi, i'm trying to do exactly the same with my postfix-mysql but can't manage to do it :(
Did you find a solution? Login always failed whatever i do...

thx

Offline sicnarf

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »
Hello eekamouse,

I have already configured an experimental setup using postfix with virtual users setup and I wanted to get it up and running with a roundcube front-end. After searching the forums, I found this post and I'm just wondering if anybody was successful with implementing it. Reading through the install guides and some howtos, I noticed what you meant by which database would actually be used. Since if you use the query method, it will need to know the database to connect to. This is not possible I think, since there is only one database that is set-up from the beginning in the db.inc file. Copying the users from the postfix database is a logical suggestion, but that in itself would also pose problems. I will try this though, and see if it can allow the virtual users to log-in. Another solution I think is by using the /etc/postfix/virtuser file. But I don't think this will be possible since the setup guide i'm using from howtoforge doesn't seem to include it. I might try it though.

sicnarf

Offline ozenbas

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »

What i know is if i a talking with the same problem, Postfix does not work with Roundcube unless you made a code change in roundcube from @ to _ which is weird for postfix because username definition is different especially if you are using roudncube integrated to other web sites with single session.