Author Topic: How can I change the sent message character encoding from UTF-8?  (Read 5068 times)

Offline resaturate

Simple as that really: How can I permanently change the sent message character encoding from UTF-8? I'm sure in a previous version there was a drop-down box on the compose page.

I don't mind hacking a file to change it. Any idea which file dictates the character encoding for sending mail? (Note: not the encoding for rendering the Roundcube HTML in the browser.)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: How can I change the sent message character encoding from UTF-8?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:03:16 PM »
Yep it fell off some how heres a post that tells you how to fix it: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1646.msg6661#msg6661

Offline resaturate

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »
Great. Thanks.

Any idea where the list gets generated from or where I can alter the default from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1?

Mark.

Offline resaturate

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
For completism's sake, the list is in program/include/main.inc in the stable release (line 1524) and in a different file in the SVN version.

I had to hack it, but now my messages are going out as I require. I had to move my required charset to the top of the array that produces the list and remove UTF-8 all together. That way the list defaults to what I want. UTF-8 must be set as 'selected' elsewhere, as it's the default always, unless you remove it... It works, but I feel that's rather a messy workaround. I'd rather still have the option for UTF-8 in there too.

Maybe a parameter for the default in the main.inc config file would be good ...