Author Topic: Unable to login to roundcube after PHP 5.6 upgrade  (Read 3745 times)

Offline ineo

Unable to login to roundcube after PHP 5.6 upgrade
« on: June 12, 2014, 12:09:37 PM »

I guess this is a better place to start this issue then in a reply on another topic.

I am running Roundcube 0.8.7 on Linux and after the update to php 5.6 I am no longer able to login to roundcube when I use ssl://<hostname> after doing some research I found the problem. PHP 5.6 performance default certificate peer verification and this isn't working on my roundcube install.

After reading the below article I tried to solve this with installing the complete certificate chain and checked this with openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <hostname>:993 -CApath /etc/ssl/certs and it is succesfull without any errors. So certificate chain is ok.

So it seems that the roundcube imap login code isn't producing all the openssl variables to php. Is there a way to fix this?

Upgrading to 1.0.1 won't solve this issue because that version is also experiencing the problem. And in my case I can't upgrade because I have a couple of plugins that aren't working on the later version :(

(https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1227148.html)

Workaround at the moment is to use imap and not imaps so not ssl://localhost but localhost

With regards

Offline ineo

Re: Unable to login to roundcube after PHP 5.6 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 01:29:01 AM »
Is see that there are a lot people reading this issue, but no replies.
Are there no solutions for this problem?

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
Not possible right now. I created a ticket for this http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489948.

Offline ineo

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:52:21 AM »
Thanks Alec,

I hope this can be solved