Author Topic: new version of roundcube is not working on ipad  (Read 11043 times)

Offline kgyula

new version of roundcube is not working on ipad
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:35:57 AM »
Hi,
Hostgator, my hosting provider, has performed some upgrades on my dedicated server. Since than roundcube is not working on ipad (it is working properly on pc).
Hostgator has refused to help me in this matter. Some idea how to fix this problem?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: new version of roundcube is not working on ipad
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
Is it not working on all iOS mobile devices? Or just one particular iPad? We've seen very occasional failures on an iOS device since we rolled out version 1.0.1, but have not been able to pin down the cause. Ours works fine on 99% of them.

What version iOS are you running on the iPad? And how much free space is available on it?
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline razyr

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
We have one user who is reporting the various frames within RoundCube are visible, but all are empty except the folder list.   Inbox for example does not show any messages.   They are using an iPad mini purchased approximately 1 year ago.   Same user reports no problem from their MacBook or another iPad they tested from.   We are running 1.0.1 with Larry skin.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 04:39:42 PM »
This is consistent with our reports as well. Problems are isolated to individual iOS devices. No mailbox will load on the affected devices, but the same mailboxes work fine on other similar devices.  We have received reports from two or three devices so far, all running different versions of iOS. The only commonality we have observed so far is that all affected devices (2 iPads and 1 iPhone) were/are rather short on disk space, running 95% full or more. Not sure if that really has any bearing on the issue, however.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline razyr

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
I have the client's iPad in hand and can provide more details now.   Everything is working fine logged in as that same user from a desktop computer and from a Samsung tablet here in my office.   The client says his father's iPad also works fine.

The amount of free disk space does not seem to be an issue.   This is a 16GB model with 9 GB free.  Version 7.1.2(11D257)   Model MD534C/A.   Using WIFI, as are the other devices we tested in the office.

Inbox is highlighted, but the status bar in the main window says "Mailbox is empty"

Compose button is greyed out (along with all other buttons)

Tapping on any other folder flashes for a second, but does not change to that folder.

Settings, Address Book and Mail buttons in top right are not selectable from the mail screen

Manage folders in bottom left can be selected and does bring up the Folders screen.

From there you can access all of the Settings screen except Preferences.  Drill down to Filters/ManageSieve/Vacation works.

Address book was selectable from the Settings/Filter screen, but not from Settings/Folders.   I know this sounds crazy but it is quite repeatable.  Going back to test, the Mail button also worked from the Filter screen, but not the Settings button.

Tapping Personal Addresses does not bring up the contacts in the Address Book.  There is a status message at the bottom which just says "Loading..."

There are no errors in the web server or dovecot logs.

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »
What settings does he have in Safari?

Offline razyr

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:59:14 PM »
I have tried everything I can think of in the Safari settings to eliminate that as a possibility.

I have deleted all site data + cookies.
Turned off popup blocks
Turned off Do Not Track
Enabled Cookies
Javascript is on
Rebooted the unit, rechecked settings.

Nothing obvious comes to mind.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »
I agree. I've seen this now on 3 separate iOS devices - 2 iPads and 1 iPhone. All three were different iOS versions. I strongly believe the owners have done something to their devices to cause this, perhaps a third party app or something. I believe this because the affected iPhone owner also had one of the two affected iPads. For as seldom as this problem shows up, what are the chances that 2 devices for the same owner would experience it?
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 08:43:41 PM »
The only way to debug further would be to use remote debugging for Safiri, but its not that easy to setup: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11361822/debug-ios-67-mobile-safari-using-the-chrome-devtools

Offline razyr

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 09:33:38 PM »
I do not have access to the client's AppStore account so I can't install anything to do further tests.

I have asked for his permission to do a complete reset of the device.   I'll report back if I can get it to work, otherwise I've spent far too much time on this already.

Offline SriA

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
Hi I also have been experiencing this problem on iPad. I started noticing it on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 thinking my email was hijacked. It let me logged in but it showed empty mailbox with everything being  greyed out - I wasn't able to log out either. The only option was to close it.  I went on Safari setting on iPad to clear Cookies and Data as well as History - restarted the device BUT problem still persisted. Simultaneously. To eliminate problems I run roundcube to check webmail on other devices i.e. MacBook and windows laptop -and it worked on both. So the problem is device specific.

Offline razyr

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:26 AM »
Doing a factory reset on our client's iPad did in fact work.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
As the ticket Alec referenced notes, a device reset is not necessary, just turn off private browsing. The issue will be fixed in 1.0.3.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA