Author Topic: GlobalAddressBook plugin not see contacts on compose  (Read 6348 times)

Offline outloader

GlobalAddressBook plugin not see contacts on compose
« on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:13 AM »
I'm using roundcube globaladdressbook plugin since version 0.9.0 (plugin ver 1.6). But recently, after installing version 1.0.1, sings gone bad. When I create a new message, the global address book doesn't show all the contacts from which I can choose one to write to. It only shows the first 3 contacts. (screen 1)
But when I open the main address book (the button on the top), and then go to global contacts, it works good and shows all the contacts. (screen 2)
So, the plugin seems to have some problems with the "create new mail" dialog.
I'm using the latest version of globaladdressbook plugin (v1.8 ) from GitHub (tried master and release versions).
I have tried both upgrading from roundcube 0.9.0 to 1.0.1 and clean install of the new version with new database. So the problem is not in my old sql database.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: GlobalAddressBook plugin not see contacts on compose
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:22:03 PM »
works fine for me. are there any JS errors or server side ones for that matter? try disabling any other plugins too, just incase.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline outloader

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
Thank you for the fast respond, JohnDoh! I'm very pleased with your work on it! Seriously!
But, in my case, I have no errors on server side or JS. Roundcube logs are all enabled for debug, but stay clear.
I will try to disable some other plugins tomorrow and post the results. It may be conflict with other plugins versions, indeed.

Offline outloader

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:22 AM »
Here it is! JohnDoh, you were right about it! I found the conflicting plugin. It was "umount/message_label" plugin. I used it to add a color lables to some incoming mails.
OK, now I need something to make it work!
Thank you for the help again! Your addressbook plugin works great! I think about contacting umount himself, therewith he supplied email in README.

Offline outloader

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »
OK. That was not a right way. Umount said he has no longer involved in roundcube development. And he has no meaning what conflicts may be with his message_label plugin. I tried different versions from GitHub but uselessly. So, I'm on my own now.
I'm not good at PHP or JS programming. So, can somobody take a look at code and help to define the problem? I think that message labeling at Umount's style is not a so bad idea. It helps to visualise messaging in some way. And JohnDoh's globaladdressbook is just a irreplaceable thing at all!
I will be very thankful for any offers!

To moderators:
May be I should start a new topic for this thread?

Offline outloader

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »
Just submitted a ticket on trac!

Offline svoboda77

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:21:47 AM »
I can't find the ticket on trac, did anyone respond yet? I'd like this solved as well.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development

Offline svoboda77

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 06:28:21 AM »
Thank you.