Author Topic: RoundCube Login Issues (Login Twice)  (Read 8749 times)

Offline Revolution

RoundCube Login Issues (Login Twice)
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:42:29 PM »
Hello:

Enter "domain.com/webmail" or "domain.com:2095/roundcube/index.php" into browser.

Roundcube displays a modal window (like a message box)
- requesting user name and password.

Regardless of what I enter
- authentication fails

If I enter the correct login credentials
- the "you are logged in as... " screen appears (this is where the RoundCube, SquirrelMail, and Horde icons are displayed) - this form is @ "domain.com:2095/webmail/x/".

Selecting the RoundCube option
- takes me to domain.com:2095/roundcube/index.php
- which forces me to login again (but this time it's a php form - not a modal window)
- entering any email address + password (as long as it's a valid login) takes me into the mail app
- entering the correct login credentials here takes me into the mail app... but you can enter a different user.

--- what I mean by this is:
--- on the modal screen... I enter a@domain.com + valid password for a.
--- on the php form... if I enter a@domain.com + valid password for a... RoundCube opens app for inbox for person "a".
--- on the php form... if I enter b@domain.com + valid password for b... RoundCube opens app for inbox for person "b".

Why does it ask me to login twice ?... and they can be different accounts - as long as they are valid.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: RoundCube Login Issues (Login Twice)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »
I take it you're using cPanel. It asks you to log in twice because cPanel doesn't set the proper cookies to be used in RoundCube. I'm not sure how to fix it (as cPanel is written in python or perl) but I'm sure if you're proficient at those languages, you could figure it out.