Roundcube Community Forum

[SOLVED] PHP fatal error (call to undefined function) after upgrade

Started by xnrl, June 30, 2014, 03:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xnrl

Hello,

after upgrading roundcube from version 0.8.5 to 0.9.5-4 (from Debian unstable repo) I'm getting a blank page and the following error in logs/errors:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method rcube_template::nocacheing_headers() in /usr/share/roundcube/index.php on line 45

AFAIR the previous version (0.8.5) was installed manually, but I may be wrong. During the upgrade there was a bunch of warning messages concerning database (missing tables/columns etc.), which I readily ignored as per vague hints on teh internet. Not sure if this has anything to do with the error mentioned above.
I've also run 'dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core' just in case.

The software versions are as follows:

Linux version 3.12.9-x86-linode56 (maker@build) (gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8) )

ii  php5                                 5.4.4-14+deb7u2
ii  roundcube                            0.9.5-4

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this or where to look for an answer?
Thanks in advance.

alec

At least index.php is from the old version. So, you didn't upgrade correctly.

xnrl

Nope, index.php had nothing to do with it. Over several iterations I uninstalled, purged and reinstalled both from Debian repos and manually — the only thing left was the roundcube db, which I was reluctant to drop. Well, dropping it and recreating again with dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core did the trick.

There was another issue afterwards 'cause I updated php to version 5.6, which introduced mandatory peer verification with ssl:// streams, and that roundcube apparently can't handle. Fixed by php rollback to 5.4.4.

alec

Quote from: xnrl on July 01, 2014, 05:48:57 AM
Nope, index.php had nothing to do with it. Over several iterations I uninstalled, purged and reinstalled both from Debian repos and manually — the only thing left was the roundcube db, which I was reluctant to drop. Well, dropping it and recreating again with dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core did the trick.
I'm pretty sure that PHP error has nothing to do with the database.
There was another issue afterwards 'cause I updated php to version 5.6, which introduced mandatory peer verification with ssl:// streams, and that roundcube apparently can't handle. Fixed by php rollback to 5.4.4.

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489948