Author Topic: [SOLVED] PHP fatal error (call to undefined function) after upgrade  (Read 6681 times)

Offline xnrl

Hello,

after upgrading roundcube from version 0.8.5 to 0.9.5-4 (from Debian unstable repo) I'm getting a blank page and the following error in logs/errors:
Code: [Select]
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method rcube_template::nocacheing_headers() in /usr/share/roundcube/index.php on line 45
AFAIR the previous version (0.8.5) was installed manually, but I may be wrong. During the upgrade there was a bunch of warning messages concerning database (missing tables/columns etc.), which I readily ignored as per vague hints on teh internet. Not sure if this has anything to do with the error mentioned above.
I've also run 'dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core' just in case.

The software versions are as follows:
Code: [Select]
Linux version 3.12.9-x86-linode56 (maker@build) (gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8) )

ii  php5                                 5.4.4-14+deb7u2
ii  roundcube                            0.9.5-4

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this or where to look for an answer?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:49:44 AM by xnrl »

Offline alec

Re: PHP fatal error (call to undefined function) after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:33:17 AM »
At least index.php is from the old version. So, you didn't upgrade correctly.

Offline xnrl

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:48:57 AM »
Nope, index.php had nothing to do with it. Over several iterations I uninstalled, purged and reinstalled both from Debian repos and manually — the only thing left was the roundcube db, which I was reluctant to drop. Well, dropping it and recreating again with dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core did the trick.

There was another issue afterwards 'cause I updated php to version 5.6, which introduced mandatory peer verification with ssl:// streams, and that roundcube apparently can't handle. Fixed by php rollback to 5.4.4.

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Nope, index.php had nothing to do with it. Over several iterations I uninstalled, purged and reinstalled both from Debian repos and manually — the only thing left was the roundcube db, which I was reluctant to drop. Well, dropping it and recreating again with dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core did the trick.
I'm pretty sure that PHP error has nothing to do with the database.
There was another issue afterwards 'cause I updated php to version 5.6, which introduced mandatory peer verification with ssl:// streams, and that roundcube apparently can't handle. Fixed by php rollback to 5.4.4.

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1489948