Author Topic: Allow Roundcube to login with email adress / virtuser_query  (Read 5462 times)

Offline Lukass

Hello everybody,

I am having troubles using virtuser_query plugin with a fresh roundcube installation (1.0.1).
Roundcube works well but not virtuser_query. I've read many topics about virtuser_query and applied all recommendation but I didn't succed to make it work with my installation.
My roundcube installation is not installed on same server where is the imap server.

Login with username like "adr-10000-mailuser1" works well but with email address it doesn't work.

I hoped that virtuser_query looks into identities table where is the email address saved, and it is possible to login with email address too.

These are my steps from (http://blog.hogrebe.net/2013-04-allow-roundcube-to-login-with-email-adress/):
1. active virtuser_query in config.inc.php
$config['plugins'] = array('virtuser_query');

2. Configure plugin to look up username by email address
$rcmail_config['virtuser_query'] = array('user' => 'SELECT u.username FROM identities i JOIN users u ON u.user_id = i.user_id WHERE i.email="%m"');

Thank you for you time.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Allow Roundcube to login with email adress / virtuser_query
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:34:23 AM »
to allow users to login with email addresses from their identities you just need to set this to true

Code: [Select]
// Enables possibility to log in using email address from user identities
$config['user_aliases'] = true;

you don't need to use the virtual_query plugin
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Lukass

Re: Allow Roundcube to login with email adress / virtuser_query
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 03:46:27 AM »
Hello JohnDoh,

many many thanks, it works  :)

Kind regards