Author Topic: Standard folders' names  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Akerbos

Standard folders' names
« on: September 14, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »
I want to access two different servers via RoundCube. That may be no problem in general, but the following settings make problems:

$rcmail_config['drafts_mbox'] = 'Drafts';
$rcmail_config['junk_mbox'] = 'Junk';
$rcmail_config['sent_mbox'] = 'Sent';
$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = 'Trash';

You may ask, why do they disturb me?

It's because they are global. The servers I use simply name their folders differently (one uses the standard way, die other one INBOX.TRASH, INBOX.SENT ... do not ask me why they did it like _that_), and so I cannot work properly on one of them (messages will not be moved or saved in any way, RC cannot find the folder it needs, obviously).
And I did not even rename any folder, it's just the settings from the hosters! What if one renamed a folder on one server and not on the other? Think of different languages as well!

So I suggest to make these settings configurable per server, for example (inspired by $rcmail_config['username_domain'] ):

$rcmail_config['drafts_mbox'] = array('server1.tld' => 'Drafts', 'server2.tld' => 'Drafties');
$rcmail_config['junk_mbox'] = array('server1.tld' => 'Junk', 'server2.tld' => 'Spam);

Even better would be a per user setting (different people with different name schemes may use one installation of RC), so each user define his own main folders. But then, a GUI would be needed and all.

Offline harrisc

Re: Standard folders' names
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »
I support the idea of server dependent folder names as some of my email providers dictate names that are different from other providers.

Chris
Adelaide
Australia