Author Topic: single click mail-reading  (Read 6595 times)

Offline eNTi

single click mail-reading
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:15:11 AM »
i'd like either a button / field or the message to respond to a single click (mouse up/down) by not only marking it, but also to open it, or the reader window below the message list, like it appears in most modern mail clients.

keep up the good work!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: single click mail-reading
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:36:13 AM »
I think you mean a preview panel? It in the the SVN.

Offline driggs

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
Quote from: SKaero
I think you mean a preview panel? It in the the SVN.

No, I believe he's asking for a single-click to open a message, rather than a double-click.

Web applications typically don't understand double-clicks, so this behavior is unintuitive in RoundCube. After using it for a few hours and getting used to the "thick client" double-click style, I found myself right-clicking menus after getting my brain out of the web application mentality (this of course does not work in RoundCube - it's a web application!).

I agree with the original poster - single click to open a message. How about a small checkbox next to the header if you simply want to select it.

Offline kmn

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 12:00:57 AM »
Hello,

Driggs is right. This becomes quite a nuisance at times. And still more annoying is the fact that if you click on the third column, it takes you directly to the compose window. Many people think this is a bug and ask for help.

I believe this could be solved through a mod of the app.js. Anybody out there who could help?

kmn

Offline dloendorf

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:36:39 AM »
A single click to open a message works great for me. (Vista/IE7)

Also, I like the ability to select the third column and have the Compose screen open. If it is a draft I have been working on I can go back to it with a single click. If it is an email I wnat to respond to, I can go to a reply screen with a single click. Nice feature that requires a single click to get to what I want to do!

However, once I am in the compose screen there needs to be options that allow me to automatically insert the current email text if I am replying and to select the identity I want to use. It should default to the 'to' address of the current email.

A great start!!

David