Author Topic: how to set up roundcube 0.9.5 from command line?  (Read 25324 times)

Offline cong

how to set up roundcube 0.9.5 from command line?
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:56:58 PM »
greetings.

I need to set up that version of roundcube, with sqlite, for reasons not relevant now, on a centos 6 server. I have installed it from rpm which is also mandatory for me, but does NOT have the /installer/ subfolder

I have to do it from the command line, which is fine... as long as i  know what to do. There seems to be no documenttion about how to put into the sqlite.db database user name, password, whatever... what exact commands shoudl I issue? What are the var names etc
thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development

Offline cong

Re: how to set up roundcube 0.9.5 from command line?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Install#ShellScript

I did not mention explicitly that I had already found that script myself before posting... but only because I had explicitly written:

"I need to set up that version (=the one I had written in the Subject) of roundcube, with sqlite, for reasons not relevant now, on a centos 6 server. I have installed it from rpm which is also mandatory for me"

that script is useless in the setup I have explicitly specified. It should be rewritten almost line by line to work after an rpm install (there is no config/ subfolder anywhere, a main.inc instead of a config.inc, service is httpd and not apache2...), and it would still NOT do what I had explicitly asked, that is use sqlite instead of mysql.

Where is the documentation to read, in order to install as I actually asked?

Thanks,

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »
Who built the rpm? Perhaps they can assist with the necessary script.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline alec

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 03:03:08 AM »
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'sqlite:////full/path/to/sqlite.db?mode=0646';

That's all you need to use sqlite, and of course PHP's PDO SQLite extension installed.