Author Topic: Registration Issues? Possible SPAM....  (Read 10389 times)

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Registration Issues? Possible SPAM....
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »
I'm not sure why, but servers have the IP pool of our server in it as a "SPAM" source. Unfotunately, there's not much I can do as many emails are bouncing from the server itself not making it to the users inbox (which is a usability issue in my eyes).

Anyway, if you DO NOT receive any emails from this forum, or you're missing your confirmation email, please email me (my address is now public) and I'll manually authorize you. If you can, ask your Email provider to remove the following IPs from their ban list (as RCForum will use one of these): 72.233.32.114 to 72.233.32.118 it would be appreciated.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Registration Issues? Possible SPAM....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:24:11 AM »
Okay, as an update, it seems to affect only Russian recipients. Apparently Russia blocks almost all US IPs. So if you have a Russian server, and you're blocking the 72.*.*.* block of IPs, if you can get our 5 IPs removed, that's be helpful ;)

New mail notifications should be going out properly now. That was a flub on my part dealing with mismatched ports.

Offline rcpalace

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:11:34 PM »
Actually, I had too wait 3 days before my confirmation e-mail came in. :-\

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »
Hmm... not sure why. Emails are sent out via SMTP from a real address. And I'm usually in here every couple days sending 'reminder' emails to those that haven't activated yet.

Offline jimmmarks

Registration Issues? Possible SPAM....
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
i got my confirmation email in 15 minutes i think this is quite ok .