Author Topic: Invalid command 'php_flag'  (Read 13856 times)

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Invalid command 'php_flag'
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »
Ok I found some more information about permissions, This may be some of the problem.

1. 777 Permissions
Old setup: When PHP runs as an Apache Module it executes as the user/group of the webserver which is usually "nobody". Under this mode, files or directories that you require your php scripts to write to need 777 permissions (read/write/execute at user/group/world level). This is not very secure because besides allowing the webserver to write to the file it also allows anyone else to read or write to the file. It makes you ask yourself why has this been the default way all along?

New setup- PHPsuexec: PHP running as CGI with suexec enabled - Your php scripts now execute under your user/group level. Files or directories that you require your php scripts to write to no longer need to have 777 permissions. In fact, having 777 permissions on your scripts or the directories they reside in will not run and will instead cause a 500 internal server error when attempting to execute them to protect you from someone abusing your scripts. Your scripts and directories can have a maximum of 755 permissions (read/write/execute by you, read/execute by everyone else).

Offline tekone

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »
yeah, it works, i tried installing this like 10 times, i missed running the .sql thing. your php.ini was the solution.

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »
Ok great thanks for letting me know.