Author Topic: emptying Trash during Logout process  (Read 5821 times)

Offline timelord

emptying Trash during Logout process
« on: September 27, 2007, 03:39:17 AM »
It would be nice to have a option for emptying Trash when I click the Logout button.

Example: one clicks the Logout button and JavaScript confirm() window pops up with a question: "Do you want to empty Trash?" [OK] [Cancel].

Code: [Select]
if (confirm('Do you want to empty Trash?')) {
  //
  // 'empty Trash' code
  //
}
//
// 'Logout' code
//

result:
  • [OK] = empty Trash and logout
  • [Cancel] = just logout
SCUBA LIBRE :D

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: emptying Trash during Logout process
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:32 AM »
Good Idea that could come in handy.

Offline kmn

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:39:52 AM »
Hello,

This is a very good feature. I would also prefer to set this feature from the administrator end, so that the Trash is always emptied on log-out.

Another good feature would be to prune the Trash/Spam folder after a definite interval, say 30 days.

RC is really good. Waiting for 1st Oct. for the next release.

kmn

Offline Razvan

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:54 AM »
Probably, sometimes, when using the webmail everyday, you'ld be stressed by that pop-up. This should be included as an option into the admin's area, including also the interval for deleting automatically for spam or/and deleted messages.

Offline timelord

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Sure, it can be like an option in the admin's area.

I have used the same feature for 9 years in Teamware Office webmail and I absolutely had no problem with everyday webmail using ;)

This can keep a lot of free space in the mail storage area, because as I know my users, they don't empty their Trash :) They even don't know it's possible. They just delete the message and that's it and they don't know the message is still in Trash :) But if there is something like a popup with question "Do you want to empty Trash?", most of them just click [OK] and Trash is empty :) Sometimes you want to keep your messages in Trash, so you click [Cancel] and just log out.

So it would be really nice feature ;)
SCUBA LIBRE :D