Author Topic: RC1 Fresh install BUGS!  (Read 3090 times)

Offline xUx

RC1 Fresh install BUGS!
« on: October 06, 2007, 01:24:39 PM »
First of all I would like to say that RoundCube is great :) but still has some bugs which forces me to use other webmails.

The beta2 works great but it has some issues reading encapsulated emails (mainly from MS Outlook) so I decided to install a new fresh installation of RC1 and the results were not the expected... After having 1 major issue with beta2 and moving to RC1 (which should be better), I've found that I'll stick to beta2 till a real stable version is out. Here is the list of issues with a new RC1 installation:

1. $rcmail_config['mail_domain'] variable is being ignored, it always asks for a mail server at the login page.
2. $rcmail_config['default_imap_folders'] variable is being ignored too, no matter what folders you pick it will display all.
3. Inline images are not being displayed.
4. Attached images are not being displayed (bad headers or not using the correct content type)
5. Login screen has issues in I.E. (minor bug - styles/html)

So my question is: is RC1 better than beta2 ? Those 5 bugs were already working on beta2 so I don't know why it's not working as it should.

Maybe what I'm posting here is already answered or fixed in the SVN so I would really appreciate if someone points me to the right place.

RCW is on the right way, I hope we can see it more mature in the next release :)

Offline megalo

Re: RC1 Fresh install BUGS!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
1. Does http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484614 describe your problem at all?
2. Not sure about this one, but I can't find any tickets related to it.
3. Works for me, and can't find any active tickets about it (there was one that wasn't duplicated back in 0.1-beta)
4. Again, works for me...
5. Probably need more information (screen shots, etc). I would suggest opening a ticket on Trac if you think your install is correct.

The best suggestion I have is to try the current SVN snapshot. You can get one from the forums or grab it from the SVN server yourself: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Dev_SVN