Author Topic: MS Outlook 3 Column Theme  (Read 61641 times)

Offline youds

Re: MS Outlook 3 Column Theme
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2007, 05:12:09 AM »
Try removing all the files from your server (to do with this skin) and re-upload them

I sometimes get problems with FileZilla & ZoneAlarm on the same machine, it scans the transferred files and can cause disruptions.

Usually removing the suspect file and re-uploading it solves the problem.

If this isn't the case do let me know

In response to the IE6 problem, it seems the width is not being set for the mail display area, if this is not the only problem please say.

Offline Ender519

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »
I am still having some trouble... I have RC2 and while the theme works I just cannot get my preview pane working - I see it in User Preferences and it's set to "on" (I can't change it) and I've made modifications to func.inc and main.inc.php like the RC2 thread suggested.. but it just isn't happening.. Using IE7

Any ideas?  I attached the two files in question just in case I was missing something... I don't think there is anything I can "restart".. I am simply running the PHP code on a hosted site.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline Gendhor

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2007, 03:49:17 AM »
I guess I had a similar problem.

Modifications in the user preferences did not seem to work. Therefore, I modified the corresponding preferences for the preview pane directly on the data in the database. There is a flag for the preview pane which initially is set to 0 and must be changed to 1.

Best regards
Gendhor

Offline youds

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2007, 04:28:22 AM »
You should be following this advice:

http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2280.0#msg9295

Kind regards

Offline Ender519

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2007, 08:04:33 AM »
youds - Yeah I saw that thread, and I have made those code changes.. still no dice. I attached my main.php.inc and func.inc to my first message.  I also tried deleting all records in the cache table in the database.

Gendhor - Where is this? I looked at all of my records and didn't see anything in any of the tables that looked like the preview pane flag. Can you elaborate?

Offline youds

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2007, 10:07:50 AM »
Once you've solved the problem (have you seen this too? http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2280.0#msg9123) please could you descriptively describe the steps taken so that other users can benefit from your experience and I'll edit the first post with your words.

Offline Gendhor

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2007, 06:54:32 AM »
Ok, for enabling the preview pane I did the following:

1.) I connected to the database with phpMyAdmin.
2.) I selected the table "user".
3.) I edited the field "preferences" for the row carrying the desired user_id.

This field contains some sort of mapping. In this mapping you can read something like

"preview_pane";b:0

4.) I changed the value 0 to 1.

Done.

This is surely not the preferred way in dealing with this but, nevertheless, it worked for me.

Best regards
Gendhor
PS: I'm pretty sure that I read about the solution presented above in this forum, beforehand.

Offline youds

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2007, 09:46:50 AM »
Done

Plan on doing the update fairly soon so watch this space..

Offline Ender519

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »
Cool..

That worked great!

Don't suppose there is a way to word wrap the preview, so as not to have to scroll left and right?

Offline youds

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2007, 05:09:24 AM »
That would be possible but text-only emails are wrapped at 70 characters so if we wrap the preview pane at 60 characters (to prevent the scrollbar), then the line breaks from the email would be at 10 characters into the second line, eg.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt
ut labore et d
olore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi
ut aliquip ex e
a commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum
dolore eu fugia
t nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia
deserunt mollit
anim id est laborum.

etc.

What I can try to do is increase the percentage size of the preview pane to an absolute minimum of 70 characters, but that will just decrease the amount you have to scroll on smaller screens.

The obvious solution would be to switch to the horizontal preview pane in the next update, which would allow for a wider reading area on smaller screens.

Offline Gendhor

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2007, 04:41:39 AM »
Using this theme I have a problem with [cc] and [bcc].

What am I supposed to see, when I click on [cc] for instance when replying to all recipients of a mail that carries some CCs?

I expected to see an input box titled [cc] in which I see all CCs, is that correct?

Rather, using Firefox 2.0.0.11 and roundcube RC2 nothing changes / happens. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards
Gendhor

Offline youds

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2007, 05:31:58 AM »
Ah, I see what you mean - well spotted

Go to skins/default_3column/templates/ and replace "compose.html" with the file that is attached

I'll be sure to remember that this needs fixing in the next update as well.

Offline Gendhor

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2007, 07:52:30 AM »
Great, now it looks as expected. :)

Thanks a lot for the quickfix
Gendhor

Offline youds

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »
This has been mentioned before; hadn't actually seen the problem though.

Thanks for your input O0

Offline djlc

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2007, 01:06:20 AM »
The preview pane doesn't look quite right in Safari 3.0 / Mac. I've screwed around with mail.html and mail.css to no avail. Any possible fix? Screenshot attached.

(And it works fine in Firefox / Mac.)