Author Topic: MS Outlook 3 Column Theme  (Read 61620 times)

Offline kool_zero

Re: MS Outlook 3 Column Theme
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2008, 11:41:38 AM »
i am still trying to find a fix for the '; //var_dump($_POST); ?> in user preferences using firefox. any ideas on that either? it was mentioned earlier in this thread. but i didn't see it resolved.

Offline youds

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »
Quote from: djlc
The preview pane doesn't look quite right in Safari 3.0 / Mac. I've screwed around with mail.html and mail.css to no avail. Any possible fix? Screenshot attached.

(And it works fine in Firefox / Mac.)

No idea why that could be happening, if the iframe is the right height and the content is loaded into that, then it should display the content at whatever height it desires.

I shall surely take a look for you though.

Offline youds

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »
Quote from: youds
Ah, I see what you mean - well spotted

Go to skins/default_3column/templates/ and replace "compose.html" with the file that is attached

I'll be sure to remember that this needs fixing in the next update as well.

kool_zero:

See attached

Offline youds

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
Quote from: youds
Try removing all the files from your server (to do with this skin) and re-upload them

I sometimes get problems with FileZilla & ZoneAlarm on the same machine, it scans the transferred files and can cause disruptions.

Usually removing the suspect file and re-uploading it solves the problem.

If this isn't the case do let me know

In response to the IE6 problem, it seems the width is not being set for the mail display area, if this is not the only problem please say.

kool_zero^^

Offline airburst

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 07:45:26 AM »
Hi. Firstly, thanks for your great work; I've been searching for a long time for a decent web client to host.

I have an issue with the mail list in Firefox (and IE7); the date and size columns overlap and clash. Is this a configurable setting change?

Thanks

Offline youds

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 10:06:47 AM »
Yes I had noticed this, it seems to be there when importing from SquirrelMail, or at least that's when I noticed it. The timestamp is different and much longer

I will put overflow hidden on the time filed however as many of you may know IE doesn't support this feature correctly. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get the subject line to not wrap down into the next email on the list.

I will figure a way rest assured, are new emails coming through like this?

Offline airburst

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »
Yes - this affects all emails in all folders, including newly received.

Thanks again

Offline patton160

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »
Got the mod working on my server and it works and looks great on IE and Firefox just from the instructions on the first page. Had to make a logo though but no big deal. Now, is there any way to have the preview pane below the inbox list? I know, picky, picky. just checking.
Dan

http://danspenguin.sytes.net
dan@danspenguin.sytes.net

;)

Offline satch

vertical layout
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008, 04:49:26 AM »
After changing the 'h' to 'v' in mail.html template to get a vertical layout i get the following layout as seen in the attachment.
Is there a solution to it ?

Offline tofinoguy

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »
Anyone tried this with 0.1 stable?

Offline Gendhor

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2008, 05:58:17 AM »
Just updated to 0.1-stable. Seems to work fine by now. :)

Offline webc0der

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »
Is it possible to have the reading pane on the bottom?

Offline youds

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2008, 07:43:51 PM »
Horizontal view is planned for the 1.0 release as an optional change when the page has loaded, then this will be remembered for the rest of the session. Unless I see an easy way to store this information in the users account without having to modify the database structure or require permissions be set on the file system.
Also planning to include a patch that will allow users to import addresses from Outlook / Outlook Express / iCal / Thunderbird

This will all be sorted a.s.a.p. - so busy at the moment and it's not ranking well on my list of priorities!!!

Offline youds

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »
Oh and, I've since moved to Mac so I can no test everything through multiple operating systems (useful tool: http://www.vmware.com/download/fusion/) and you'll be pleased to know I found no problems in IE6 (can't login with the standalone version as it doesn't support cookies), Safari or in Firefox for Mac / Linux (Ubuntu).
All good news!!

Offline youds

MS Outlook 3 Column Theme
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2008, 07:56:31 PM »
Minor updates, see first post.