Author Topic: Is this possible ?  (Read 5265 times)

Offline vinisz

Is this possible ?
« on: October 10, 2007, 10:12:32 AM »
Hi everyone....

I quite newbie with roundcube but really need the product.
I just want to ask you if the following is possible:

-user log in to joomla (username xxx and password yyy)
-user clicks on roundcube and is then logged in with username aaa and password bbb

hope you understand what I mean...

can someone tell me if this is possible ?

Thanks !

Vincent

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Is this possible ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:32:12 AM »
Yes it's possible. There are a few discussions of this type of integration around here. I'm not sure if someone has gotten it to work yet, but I know the discussion is going on ;)

Offline vinisz

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 03:37:58 AM »
Do you know where ? cause I did a search and found some things about joomla but not exactly what I'm looking for

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »

Offline cferd

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:35:37 PM »
Hello,

Thanks Brett for the Joomla extension link. I don't know why I never bothered checking for it. I installed RC yesterday and have it working in a wrapper. Hopefully this will do the trick with users being integrated. Can't wait to give it a go later today.

Again, thanks

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
No problem!!

Just note, that Joomla has modified their license and as such, certain extensions or modifications of their code may no longer be allowed (you'll have to read their new license). I know this because SMF had a Joomla bridge that is no longer in development due to the license switch.

With that in mind, Mambo is a very good alternative to Joomla if you can switch. I just thought I'd throw that out there since not everyone may know about the situation.

Offline cferd

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 04:27:24 PM »
Yes, thanks for the advice. I'm well aware of the situation there. I don't see it affecting RC however. I believe RC is GPL v2, which is perfectly ok with Joomla if I understood their stance on the issue correctly.

As for Mambo, I have been testing it on and off for the better part of 2 months and still am not satisfied to the point of switching. The need for more exclusive add-ons, version 4.7 being around the corner, Gallery2-SMF bridge not yet being ready for prime time, among a few other concerns are keeping me at bay for now.