Author Topic: Three problems with rc1  (Read 8194 times)

Offline nelgin

Three problems with rc1
« on: October 17, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
I've just upgraded from beta2 to rc1 and have 3 problems.

The first, and it has been mentioned elsewhere, is that you cannot select multiple messages without it popping up a new window. When I click a message then hold shift and click another message, the last message clicked opens in a new window.

This only appears to happen in Firefox (2.0.0.7). Opera 9.23 and IE 7 don't have this issue.

Secondly. The username is not autofilling at login. This is most annoying since I switch between two accounts quite often. I need a way for Roundcube to autofill user names once I start typing.

Finally, not a bug, but I don't seem to find any way to get Roundcube to filter mail into various folders. Maybe I missed something, but Roundcube is pretty useless on a day to day basis if you receive a lot of email and cannot filter it.

Regards
Nigel

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Three problems with rc1
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »
1. Its been fix in the SVN

2. See this topic: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1835.msg7438#msg7438

3. Thats a sever function roundcube is only the email client, that needs be be set up with the sever.

Offline nelgin

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »
Quote from: SKaero
3. Thats a sever function roundcube is only the email client, that needs be be set up with the sever.

Are you telling me that Outlook isn't an email client?

Offline nelgin

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:16:30 PM »
2. See this topic: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1835.msg7438#msg7438

So, every time I upgrade, I'm going to have to change this file? Shouldn't it be in the main.inc.php file?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:02:36 AM »
Quote from: nelgin
So, every time I upgrade, I'm going to have to change this file? Shouldn't it be in the main.inc.php file?

Right now yes but I think is going to be fixed soon.
Quote from: nelgin
Are you telling me that Outlook isn't an email client?
No Outlook is a email client, but it has more speed then webmail because its on the computer but if you were to add this to roundcube ever time you login you would have to wait for a long time for roundcube sort all of the mail. What you need to do it to set this up on your mail sever.

Offline nelgin

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
No Outlook is a email client, but it has more speed then webmail because its on the computer but if you were to add this to roundcube ever time you login you would have to wait for a long time for roundcube sort all of the mail. What you need to do it to set this up on your mail sever.

Shouldn't there be some sort of "plugin" to the local mail filter then? It's unreasonable to ask users to have to login to another system to create their filters. I think the lack of any sort of filtering will hold this software back. Even Squirrelmail has filtering. I'd like to get away from Squirrelmail however right now the benefits of Squirrel outweigh those of Roundcube.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »
Yes but keep in mind roundcube is only in rc1 at this point were just trying to get the basics down good, this should be made as a plug in for now.