Author Topic: Roundcube Connection to storage failed  (Read 3784 times)

Offline vynum

Roundcube Connection to storage failed
« on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »
I installed roundcube on Arvixe hosting through Softaculous.

There were no prompts during install to insert: ADMIN USERNAME & ADMIN PASSORD.

Now if I go to the Admin URL or USER URL all I get is a login page. Great, but I have no username or password to put in the blanks.

I have already setup an Admin Email count throught CPanel on the domain.com I'm using.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Again, during and after install there was no place to set an Admin Username or Password.

I can't log in to either USER or Admin.

thanks,

vynum

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Roundcube Connection to storage failed
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:52:59 AM »
There were no prompts during install to insert: ADMIN USERNAME & ADMIN PASSORD.

There is no such thing. Roundcube is an IMAP client, it has no admin functions. Users are managed by your IMAP server

I have already setup an Admin Email count throught CPanel on the domain.com I'm using.

Right so you have setup an email address. Assuming you have correctly configured Roundcube to connect to your IMAP server and there are no firewall restrictions or anything preventing your webserver from connecting to your IMAP server then you should be able to use those credentials to login to Roundcube.

I think all this has been explained in the forum many times. Please search before posting, if your question has been answered before then you get your problem solved quicker by searching.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦