Author Topic: Attachment Corruption  (Read 3173 times)

Offline ertyu

Attachment Corruption
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »
I've run into a weird case of attachment corruption.
It seems to only affect gzipped files and then only when they are attached in certain clients and downloaded in roundcube.

When I download and compare the files, they've gained bytes at the beginning and end of the file, the remaining middle of the file is identical to the original. This doesn't seem to affect other file types, I've tried jpg, pdf, txt, bz2, zip and just random binary files. I did try attaching a copy of a gzip file that had been downloaded and corrupted, doing so resulted in more bytes of corruption added. I've tried sending the files with different extensions, but the same results occur.

So far I've tested by sending myself attachments from roundcube and thunderbird and they get the corruption when downloaded in roundcube. Viewed in other clients they seem fine. I sent the same attachments from alpine instead and roundcube downloaded them without issues.

I'm using 1.0.3 with no plugins. I checked through all the files in config/ and there were no extraneous lines at the beginning or end of the file.