Author Topic: Folders not showing new mail  (Read 5259 times)

Offline bendt

Folders not showing new mail
« on: July 28, 2006, 05:31:07 AM »
(Warning - long post)

Hi. I have 2 installs of Roundcube.
One is "stable"-sih where I follow the last version that "works for me"TM. This is one of the last CVS checkout before it was migrated to SVN. IMAP server on the same box, so caching not used on this install

I have another one where I follow SVN regurlarly. This is installed on a separate box, and caching is used to the remote IMAP server.

Both version have simmilar setups. Linux, Apache (1.3 and 2), Dovecot IMAP (only 1 server), and Postfix. I use procmail to sort incoming mail into folders.

What I have noticed on the SVN version is that it will not show me all new messages in folders. The inbox seems to work relatively well except from some short delays. I expect this is due to cacheing though.

I have about 50 folders, where many are sub folders, and some folders are up to 4 levels deep.
Some folders (only a few) will be updated with the correct number of new mails. Most will not be however. When I go to a folder the number is updated on the left hand side, but this may dissappear after a while - after leaving the folder that is.

This all started happening around the time I switched to the SVN checkouts, but I'm not certain exactly when it started.

Has anyone else seen this? I have not seen anything in the forums or on the mailing list, so I suspect not.

I suspect it's something on my system, but I can't figure out what it is. The "stable" and SVN versions share the IMAP server. I did try the SVN checkouts on the same server and disabled cacheing, but that made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm lost.

Cheers,
Tor

Offline yllar

Re: Folders not showing new mail
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 03:34:12 PM »
set caching to false and mails should show up nice .. but there might be small lag because your mailserver is on another server
irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/#roundcube

Offline bendt

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 05:51:11 AM »
Hi.

Thanks for the reply. That did seem to work.
Does tihs mean that the cache feature is worthless? I have has this installation running for over a month, and it has always been behaving this way.

I'll test without the cache and let you all know what the outcome is.

Thanks

Offline Delta-9

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 11:45:19 PM »
Quote from: bendt
Does this mean that the cache feature is worthless? I have has this installation running for over a month, and it has always been behaving this way.

Its a known bug, see Brett's note about it here: http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=357.msg1725#msg1725