Author Topic: Webmail double login and font edits  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Alchemist Kirk

Webmail double login and font edits
« on: December 16, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
This is a question about Webmail. When I log in it immediately logs me back out. The second try works. My web master said it was because I have not fully selected Roundcube. I don't have any opportunity to go back to the selection process as I had selected roundcube before and it sends me straight in to mail.

The second thing is that I can't find a place to increase font size, change to bold, or underline, etc., as is available here on this page.  Well I say that. I just tried to underline part of my text and it puts "u"s at each end maybe to appear as underline when I post this? What the heck is that about?

Thanks,
Kirk

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Webmail double login and font edits
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:35:21 AM »
When I log in it immediately logs me back out. The second try works. My web master said it was because I have not fully selected Roundcube. I don't have any opportunity to go back to the selection process as I had selected roundcube before and it sends me straight in to mail.

I sounds like you might be using some kind of custom login system. If that is true then do you mean it takes you back to the Roundcube login screen or the custom one? Are there any messages on the screen when it takes you back? You could try looking in the Roundcube error log ([rc root]/logs/errors) for any info. Of if you don't have access to the Roundcube logs contact who ever runs your webmail and made the login system.

The second thing is that I can't find a place to increase font size, change to bold, or underline, etc., as is available here on this page.  Well I say that. I just tried to underline part of my text and it puts "u"s at each end maybe to appear as underline when I post this? What the heck is that about?

To add text formatting you neeed to select HTML as the message type. Assuming you are using an up to date version of Roundcube then instructions on doing that can be found here http://docs.roundcube.net/doc/help/1.0/en_US/mail/compose.html#composing-formatted-html-messages. You can also set HTML as default in the Roundcube config file or from your Personal Settings inside Roundcube (Settings > Preferences > Composing Mail > Compose HTML messages.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦