Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can't open settings 1.0.4  (Read 3926 times)

Offline ElTimson

[SOLVED] Can't open settings 1.0.4
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:34:35 PM »
Hi,

somehow I just can't open the detailed settings of each plugin or option on the settings page. Once I click on "user interface" or any other item, the message "loading" pops up at the bottom right corner and nothing happens. This problem appeared in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I'm running Roundcube 1.0.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with Nginx and MySQL.

Any ideas?

Tim
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:11:28 AM by ElTimson »

Offline ElTimson

Re: Can't open settings 1.0.4
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 07:40:51 AM »
Got some more information. Seems to be an issue with iframes and X-Frame-Options. Any ideas?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Do you have any plugins enabled? If so, disable them and test. If the Settings work with all disabled, try them one at a time to find the problem.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ElTimson

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 05:58:07 AM »
There are no plugins activated, I even tried deactivating zipdownload, still not working. Debugging suggests deactivating SAMEORIGIN for iframes by setting

Code: [Select]
$config['x_frame_options'] = false;
in the config file. Somehow, Roundcube still tells the browser to DENY, because it's getting the statements DENY and FALSE, thus falling back to DENY. Is there any other line of code, setting the specific header to DENY? I'm pretty lost right now.

Offline ElTimson

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »
Solved the issue just now: the culprit header setting had been added by the nginx site-config-file. Setting it to SAMESITE makes it work how it's supposed to.

By the way: are iframes the right way to go? Loading content dynamically could be achieved by other means...