Author Topic: "Login Failed" when loggin in to the application  (Read 3154 times)

Offline realwpsite

"Login Failed" when loggin in to the application
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:32 PM »
Hello,

I have successfully installed Roundcube and was able to send a test email via SMTP and validate the IMAP login from the installer page.

However, now that I try logging in with the same credentials the login page is returning a "Login failed" error message.  I have set auto_create_user to true.

The error log shows:

Code: [Select]
[08-Jan-2015 17:54:46 +0000]: IMAP Error: Login failed for admin@realwpsite.com from 85.18.106.220. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Authentication failed. in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)
I have checked around the web for a solution and i have found some discussions here and there. For example i have found a discussion here on the forums http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php?topic=10606.0 but i cannot find the main.inc.php inside my config folder i have 4 files as follows: config.inc.php, defaults.inc.php, mimetypes.php and config.inc.php.sample

I have already use it several times but now for dunno what reason i cannot login even if i insert the right credentials.

I really hope to get a solution to this.

Thank you in advance.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: "Login Failed" when loggin in to the application
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
main.inc.php is for older versions. The new file is config.inc.php which combines the non-default settings from both of the older config files (main.inc.php and db.inc.php). Change your auth type in config.inc.php.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline realwpsite

Re: "Login Failed" when loggin in to the application
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
Hello thanks for your answer.

I do not have any section for the auth type in my config.inc.php

I did found it in defaults.inc.php and copied over the block to config. Changed to LOGIN and it works thanks you very much