Author Topic: No menu for plugins with new theme  (Read 7255 times)

Offline kevq

No menu for plugins with new theme
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm running Roundcube on my Plesk server, and it has a handful of plugins installed by default - mainly "Filters" (manageseive), Password, and Responses. Anyway, everything works flawlessly when using the Larry theme. However, I just started using the "Googie Larry" (makes the GUI look like Gmail), and the menu's for my plugins within "Settings" are not there. I've emailed to theme creator, but he's saying that he doesn't support 3rd party plugins.

So I was wondering if someone could tell me what I need to do in order to get these menu entries present when using this new theme please? I went into /plugins/manageseive/skins and copies the "larry" folder to "googie_larry" but that didn't work. Here are screen shots:

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kev

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: No menu for plugins with new theme
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
Your going to need to debug why there not showing up, check the JS console for error that would be the first place to check for problems.

Offline kevq

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
Thanks for the really quick reply. I don't know anything about the js console, so I'm not really sure what I need to do in order to troubleshoot the issue.

Offline kevq

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:59:58 AM »
This is all I see in the JS console:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
Perhaps there is a compatibility problem between the version of the skin and the version of roundcube. between Roundcube version 0.9 and 1.0 the way plugins add entries to the "Settings" list changed. You could try searching the skin files for a line something like:
Code: [Select]
<roundcube:object name="settingstabs" class="listitem" />If it is not there then that is probably the problem.

If the Googie Larry skin uses the same file structure as Larry then it should be in [skin]/includes/settingstabs.html
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline kevq

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply, John.

The skin is compatible with my version (1.0.0) http://www.googie-larry.com/

The structure seems to be the same as Larry. Here's the contents of "settingstab.html":

Code: [Select]
<div id="settings-sections" class="uibox listbox">
<h2 class="boxtitle"><roundcube:label name="settings" /></h2>
<div id="settings-tabs" class="scroller">
        <span id="settingstabpreferences" class="listitem preferences"><roundcube:button command="preferences" type$
        <span id="settingstabfolders" class="listitem folders"><roundcube:button command="folders" type="link" labe$
        <span id="settingstabidentities" class="listitem identities"><roundcube:button command="identities" type="l$
        <roundcube:container name="tabs" id="settings-tabs" />
</div>
</div>

So it seems that I need to add these items to the list. So I've copied the contents of the Larry file, and replaced the googie-larry file with the correct information. I can now see entries for "filters", "passwords" and "responses". "Passwords" is working correctly, but when I click on "responses" or "filters" I get the following 501 error:

SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!

Error No. [501]

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
The 501 error. That means missing template, on the Googie Larry site it suggests "You have a plugin problem do first: copy and rename "larry"-folder to "googie_larry" in the plugin-skin folder!" have you tried that?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline kevq

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »
Yeah, I copied /plugins/managesieve/skins/larry to /plugins/managesieve/skins/googie_larry. I haven't done it for the responses one yet, but I'm sure it will be the same process for that once we get filters working.

Offline kevq

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
I think I've fixed it. Let me try more tests and I'll post back the solution once I know for sure...

Offline kevq

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »
Ok. I've managed to get the filters to work, there was actually two skin folders that I had to copy, which were:

/plugins/mangesieve/skins
/pluging/sieverules/skins

This made the filtering start working. However, I can't get the responses to work. I've been through all the plugins and copies the larry to googie_larry on all them, just in case. But this still hasn't made it work. So I'm not sure what's stopping that one. However, I'm not to worried about the responders, as I can do that server-side.

It looks like the responses is part of the manageseive plugin, but I just can't work out why that one isn't working. Like I said though, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks for all the assistance, and pointing me in the right direction gents. Really appreciated.

Kev

Offline robkermit

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 03:52:25 AM »
To fix the missing Password AND Responses in Googie theme, do the following:

REPLACE settingstabs.html IN skins/googie/includes WITH settingstabs.html FROM skins/googie/includes

COPY FROM skins/larry/templates/ TO skins/googie/templates/ these two files:
- responses.html
- responseedit.html

I now have Password AND Responses in Googie theme and both work just fine after doing this!
I am sure if there are other broken plugins or whatnot, copying the html files from the larry/templates folder over to the googie/templates folder SHOULD fix the problem for you.

I hope this helps you guys solve this problem once and for all.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:40:10 AM by robkermit »

Offline kevq

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 08:35:52 AM »
To fix the missing Password AND Responses in Googie theme, do the following:

REPLACE settingstabs.html IN skins/googie/includes WITH settingstabs.html FROM skins/googie/includes

COPY FROM skins/larry/templates/ TO skins/googie/templates/ these two files:
- responses.html
- responseedit.html

That worked perfectly, thanks mate.