Author Topic: newbie installation question  (Read 10111 times)

Offline newformula

newbie installation question
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »
Hello All,

I am playing around with roundcube installation, and would like some quick help if possible.

In your installation guide...

While we're uploading (or after we're done) we have one final step to do before we can start using Roundcube. We need to set up our database. Open your website control panel. You first need to create a database and user with the information we decided earlier. Then add that user to the database. Next we execute the SQL file found in the "/SQL/" directory in Roundcube that is named: "*.initial.sql" where * is your database backend type (mySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite).

How do I execute the sql file? I am using phpmyadmin, and I'm pretty sure the users part is taken care of. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, I don't deal with sql much, I'm fairly new to databases. Thanks in advance.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: newbie installation question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »
1.) Open PHPMyAdmin
2.) Create the database for use (if you haven't already done so) with the form that shows up on the front page.
3.) Click the link to the database that appears in the left side-bar (or choose from dropdown menu)
4.) Click the "SQL" tab at the top.
Choose one of the following:
5 a.) Copy & paste the contents of the sql file into the large text area
5 b.) Browse to the sql file
6.) Click on "Go" or "Submit"

Offline newformula

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 05:23:31 AM »
Thanks very much, will give that a shot. Another quick question- the files I originally input my username and passwords in, the initial settings- do these have to stay on the server after the sql setup? If so, is it secure to have these files there?

Thanks again,

Keith

Offline flosoft

• http://flosoft.biz
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:19:37 AM »
Quote from: newformula
Thanks very much, will give that a shot. Another quick question- the files I originally input my username and passwords in, the initial settings- do these have to stay on the server after the sql setup? If so, is it secure to have these files there?

Thanks again,

Keith

Yes, they have to stay on the server. And yes, it is secure to input the data there.