Author Topic: Updated to PHP 5.6 now roundcube is broken  (Read 4692 times)

Offline WelshPaul

Updated to PHP 5.6 now roundcube is broken
« on: January 31, 2015, 05:03:40 AM »
I have a couple of servers running centos 6, one running roundcube v1.0.2 the second running v1.0.5 but after updating PHP to 5.6 neither work.

I access the login page, I enter my credentials and click login and I successfully log in and everything loads but I always have loading displayed in the lower right corner and I can only click on something once then it becomes unresponsive.

Click on about in the top left corner brings up the about box but it's empty.

I found this that seems to be the same issue http://roundcube-webmail.10982.n7.nabble.com/Loading-hangs-after-server-upgrade-maybe-HTML-mail-problem-td10516.html

His fix was to install PHP-XML however I already have PHP56W-XML installed.

Offline WelshPaul

Re: Updated to PHP 5.6 now roundcube is broken
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:05:48 AM »
I should of mentioned that there are no errors in the logs, server side or roundcube.

I have no plugins installed and even tried installing a whole new roundcube installation using un modified roundcube files with default settings.

Here is another example of my problem https://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/issues/detail?id=575

However I have no plugins but the issue in that post is the same as mine.

Any help would be great fully received. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:11:05 AM by WelshPaul »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:51:33 AM »
Are there any JS errors in your browser?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline WelshPaul

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 07:44:57 AM »
Are there any JS errors in your browser?

That's the strange thing I get no error messages on screen via the browser, no errors in the server logs (apache, php etc) and no errors in the roundcube logs folder generated regarding roundcube.

phpmyadmin, webmin, phpbb etc all work fine.

Roundcube used to work just fine, this has only happened since I updated from php 5.5 to php 5.6 because I have not made any other changes.

I spent days on this, both servers running centos 6.6. All my packages and dependencies appear to be installed and everything is up to date. Just spent an hour going through server configs making sure everything is ok and it appears to be.

I'm stumped :(

Offline WelshPaul

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
I can't believe it. I have spent days on this and I finally found out what the issue was!

I forgot that I had updated my SSL server settings to improve security and although no server errors were produced when using roundcube after using chrome to debug (didn't think to do this before) I found errors relating to X-Frame.

Turns out I had enabled Header always set X-Frame-Options DENY within my httpd ssl.conf file. This killed roundcube!

I commented out the line and roundcube now works again.