Author Topic: Auto User Email Creation  (Read 308642 times)

Offline tuney

Re: Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »
The Admin section is finished.

Here are some details of functions and screenshots.......

Any user can be given admin privelages. These users can then access the admin area by clicking on a link once they have signed into their email account with their usual email address.

If a user has admin rights, an extra 'Administration' icon will be visible at the end of 'Compose' 'Reply' etc icons.
If a use does not have admin rights no icon or link will appear.

Clicking this icon will open a new 'Administration' window.
The style of this window is taken from the style sheet of the theme you are using.

This lists all email accounts alphabetically.
Details and options (from left to right) for each account include:
Delete Account (takes you to a confirmation page before delete is carried out)
The email address
The current quota of individual accounts
Change quota of individual accounts
Send Password to users alternate email address given at signup
Change Password for individual accounts
Set as Admin (Gives and takes admin privelages to access admin area for individual users)
Name (first abd last name of user given at signup)
Alternate Email (given at signup)
Created (Time and date that account was created)
IP (IP address of user when account was created)

When a user is given or taken admin privelages an email is automatically sent to both the user and the admin stating which user has either been given or taken admin privelages. So, if you give someone admin rights you are kept informed of who they are giving admin rights to.

Also, at the top left there is an icon to add new accounts.
When adding an account through the admin section you have the options to set any quota and to give admin privelages on account creation.

I'm in the stage of final testing and plan on writing install instuctions tomorow.
The database is the same, with the addition of one extra field and 2 more Roundcube files will need to have some code added. (main.inc, mail.html)
Full instructions will be in the release.

Once this has been completed I will do a fresh install to make sure all is ok and make available for release.

This release is for CPanel users and has not yet been tested on Roundcube beta 2.

Expect release sometime in next 3 days.

Once this is completed I will add multiple domains for those who want it.

Offline RustedNut

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2006, 10:24:09 PM »
Ah man your a god :D
I am very impressed with your work here thanks and keep it up.

Offline Scubes13

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 08:35:07 AM »
So just to verify, this admin tool will only work for those who utilize CPanel?

Lord, I hope not! :'(

;)

Kevin L.

Offline tuney

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »
Unfortunately yes, this release will only work with those who utilize CPanel. The reason is simple, if somewhat selfish! I use CPanel so I know how that works. :-[

However, in theory at least, it should be relatively easy to adapt it for those who use web interfaces other than CPanel.

Once this release is out, if anyone would like it for another interface other than CPanel and is willing to test it before release I will adapt it for other systems.

Right now just testing things out and thinking of writting an install script for ease of setup.

Offline RustedNut

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 09:20:58 PM »
When I try to register with the script it says it works but I tried to log in and it wouldnt. So I checked the DB and it created the account but the user, pass sections were blank and the rest [alt email security answer etc] werent. Any suggestions?

Offline tuney

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 09:34:13 PM »
Check through CPanel to see if the account username was created.
It can't be a database connection issue if it is writting information to other fields.

It could be a variable issue that I spotted yesterday when doing the Admin section. This of course will be fixed in the new release.

Strange how it will work fine for other users. What browser and version are you using ? What version of PHP is your server running ?

Offline RustedNut

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 09:37:32 PM »
Nope it didn't show up. I use the latest firefox version. Php 4.4.3

I can log in with accounts I made via cpanel but not through the script.

Offline tuney

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 09:51:36 PM »
Try this for a quick fix, no promises.....

Download this modified signup.php page and upload and overwrite the existing one on your server.

Let me know if anything changes.

Offline RustedNut

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 09:55:26 PM »
Perfect! Thanks so much man you give great support :)

ETA on that admin?

Offline tuney

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »
Thanks for the quick feedback and finding another bug before the release of the next version!

You may find that the email sent to the user is missing their username and password with that quick fix.
If so, now I know that worked, you can download this signup.php

As for ETA on Admin....
I have a small bug in IP logging to fix, some small GUI to do, little addition to README.txt explaining the extra code needed to be inserted in main.inc and mail.html and of course fix this bug you thankfully just pointed out!

On top of that I decided to write an install script for ease of setup both for db.inc.php and the database table. (Later will be optional with instructions for manually adding extra field needed for admin section incase you wish to keep your existing table)

Then a fresh install and final testing.

I am optimistically hoping on getting this all (or at least all but testing) completed tomorow (work permitting).

Rest assured, as soon it's completed it will be available here.

Offline ptwmedia

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 12:16:20 AM »
I can't wait to test it out! This is exactly what I need!

Offline RustedNut

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 11:43:52 AM »
Yes if your having issues logging in right after you have signed up its most likely the bug that I had. The sign up he attached perfectly.

Offline igeoffi

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 01:31:30 PM »
good work
last time i suggested this it ddidn't go so well.....
i'll be happy to test whatever you have right now for the admin cp and go bug hunting

Offline tuney

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 02:31:22 PM »
Thank you for all the feedback.

Fortunately for me, unfortunately for those awaiting the release I had some work (money!) come in today....but I did manage to do work on the GUI and get 98% of the install script finished before hand.

I am going to try my best to get this finished and available for release over the weekend. I thank you for your patience and hope that you will think that it was worth the wait....

Offline hazlett

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 03:43:20 PM »
Hey, a paying job is much more important that doing freebies.....get it done when you have time, we can wait......

Thanks for all you are doing, BTW...and thanks to all who are working on Roundcube, I am really looking forward to migrating to it on a permanent basis.