Author Topic: Auto User Email Creation  (Read 310592 times)

Offline tuney

Re: Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 09:52:44 AM »
Thanks for the bug report.

I too have just noticed the 'YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS AREA' after performing an action.
I know the cause of this and it shouldn't take too long to fix.
As for the problems with IE ~blah~ I'll look into this. Looks like some kind of path problem.

Offline simplistsims

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 10:29:23 AM »
gdgd. Keep up the good work
Duca Duca Duca Duca - Dr. Evil *Say it fast*

Offline tuney

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2006, 11:16:02 AM »
The 'YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS AREA' after performing an action bug is now fixed.
Looking into the IE problems now then update will be released.

Offline simplistsims

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
in firefox the top bar isnt the right size
and in IE the admin button only a quartor is showing while in Firefox it is shrunk!

somethin else: theres not etc tags in the admin panel, only the table

Pics of the errors included!! ;)

Offline tuney

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2006, 11:42:52 AM »
Thanks for the pics, they help.

I've just checked on IE.
The blue box around create account is fixed.
The Admin icon size is being fixed now.
The full date or any info on the table will show up in full in a 'tool tip' if the mouse is hovered over them.
The problems with things not fitting in places correctly sounds like a resolution problem. What screen res are you using ?

As for the error...
[Fri Sep 1 14:24:04 2006] [error] [client 213.78.117.219] File does not exist: /home/simplist/public_html/email/emsu/admin/skins/default/pngbehavior.htc

I can not replicate this. When do you get this ?

Offline tuney

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2006, 01:37:13 PM »
BUG FIX RELEASE

Here is V2.1 Beta 1
This fixes the bug 'YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS AREA' after performing an action in the Admin Panel, blue box around 'Create Account' in IE and size of the 'Admin' icon in IE.

Please read UPGRADE.txt if you are upgrading from V2.0 Beta 1 for instructions on how to apply bug fixes without having to reinstall.

The table header and column sizes may be an issue due to screen resolution used.
The original design was for a set resolution and a non horizontal scrolling table.
Since this is now available to all this will be fixed to display correctly in all resolutions.

Thanks for the feedback and anything else that is not how it should be please let me know.

Offline pelucapampa

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2006, 01:48:13 PM »
When i complete all settings in the install file, and press Install Now, the screen say "can´t open file".
Please can you tell me, what i complete in the all settings Ex: Webmail Link:, Web Site Link:.

Thanks
Ignacio

Offline tuney

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »
Firstly, ensure that emsu/includes/db.inc.php is writtable by the server.

Offline RustedNut

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
If im having issues, should I consider a fresh install instead of having to report errors and such to you ?

Offline SharpeE

Suggestion
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2006, 08:09:54 PM »
Suggestion:

For when there making an account is it possible to include a verify human thing. Its like the code that you see and have to type into the box otherwise it doesnt go further? This is a great thing to avoid spam and such.

Offline simplistsims

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2006, 07:27:41 AM »
Quote from: tuney
As for the error...
[Fri Sep 1 14:24:04 2006] [error] [client 213.78.117.219] File does not exist: /home/simplist/public_html/email/emsu/admin/skins/default/pngbehavior.htc

I can not replicate this. When do you get this ?

I found the error in my error log in Cpanel and it was when I was in the admin panel. Its the same with IE and Firefox

Offline simplistsims

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2006, 07:43:42 AM »
Still got problems in IE.

I also noticed if i set my quota to 1000MB part of the text saying what my quota is disappers

Pic Included!

PS. not the 1000mb thingy in the pic! soz

Offline nipun_jain

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2006, 07:56:01 AM »
Hey, how do you get quotas to work on cpanel hosting? I get quota: unknown.

Offline tuney

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2006, 08:19:24 AM »
RustedNut, you can try a fresh install if you wish and see if you get the same problems. Any errors reported are appreciated, although it's more work and headache time for me!, it's the only way to ensure that all works as intended on as many different platforms and configurations as possible.

The suggestion of a verification code to avoid signup bots is certainly a good idea. I will add this on once all bugs and issues have been fixed in this latest release. Thanks for that idea.

The issues with table column sizes is being addressed now. Don't forget that you can also still see full text even of not showing in the table by hovering the mouse over the text.

As far as quotas go, I too get quota:unknown at the bottom of the inbox. This issue is not related to Admin Panel.
The way the quotas work in Admin Panel is that when a user signups for an account, the default quota set at install is written to a database table along with other user information and the account is created.
Admin Panel then reads this value from the table, thus dipslaying the quota that was given on account creation.
If the quota is then changed in Admin Panel both the account quota and the quota value in the database are updated with the new value, again synchronising the actual account and database values.
So, the quota that Admin Panel displays is basically a copy or reflection of the values that CPanel itself has. They are not taken directly from CPanel as not all servers support getting quotas.

Offline tuney

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »
Hi, simplistsims see if this fixes your table layout problems.
The table is set to a fixed size of 1120px. This means that in a screen res of say 800*600 you will have a horizontal scroll bar that will show the rest of the table but all columns should show all content correctly.

Let me know if this is what you were wanting.

Just upload and overwrite emsu/admin/ed534ggt.php