Author Topic: Auto User Email Creation  (Read 314042 times)

Offline simplistsims

Re: Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
i have a 1024x768 res.

Blimey the new files tables massive! :o
Duca Duca Duca Duca - Dr. Evil *Say it fast*

Offline tuney

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2006, 03:08:39 PM »
The table was originally designed for 1152*864 res.
I used the ed534ggt.php file from the previous post and for me it makes the table columns display all the data correctly in both IE and Firefox at 1152*864 and 800*600 (lower res as a horizontal scroll).

Is anyone else having problems with table contents not displaying correctly ?

Offline Pete

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 02:21:42 AM »
In response to the above, I think it would be better to make it fit 1024x768 if poss as it's the most common resolution at the moment.

Just had a suggestion to expand this package slightly - since you're using cPanel (remotely if you will) to create, alter and delete email accounts, is there any chance you could make Roundcube the ultimate business tool by adding autoresponders as an option?

In theory it's just the same process - pass the autoresponder details to cPanel in the background and each user can have their own "Out of Office" auto-reply for when they're away. :)

What do you think? ;)

Offline tuney

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
You are quite right about 1024*768 possible being the most popular res at the moment.
If the addon had been started as a general release then this is most probably the res it would have been written for.
However, when this addon was started it was never intended to be a release. It was written and used on one site only. The only real changes prior to release were on the config side so that other people could enter their own details for configuration for the addon to work for them.
I will do a layout to fit the table within this res and try and keep all the information currently shown within the table.

Allowing people to set their own auto responder is a good idea.
Once bugs of the latest release have been resolved I will start work on it.

Thanks again for your reports, comments and suggestions.

Offline simplistsims

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2006, 09:08:03 AM »
gdgd.

Offline Kieran

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »
Just like to say that I think the work you done on this is fantastic tuney, its a great addition to what I have already found to be a great webmail system.

On the subject of suggestions, if auto-responders are to be added then might it make sense to include the other things that can be edited in the same way on CPanel such as spam settings and changing your password? (I note that while it seems you can change a users password in the admin panel, a user cannot do this themself? Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Offline tuney

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2006, 09:59:53 AM »
Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I agree that RoundCube is a great webmail system!

Your quite right that other things that can be performed in cpanel could be done through Admin Panel. It could be made to take care of all email related features.

Anyone is more than welcome to post requests to be added to the next release.

You are also quite right that a users password can be changed in admin panel but not by the user themselves.
As far as I am aware there is already a plugin for this feature although I have not tried it out myself. If that is a feature that is still need then it too can be added to the next release.

Thanks to all for suggestions, support and comments and please keep letting me know of any bugs.

Offline matt2minger

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2006, 07:35:53 PM »
Hi,
if someone could send me the script to matt2minger@gmail.com or give me a link to download it i wud greatly appreciate it.

Cheers Matt

Offline Scubes13

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2006, 07:43:29 PM »
Quote from: tuney
UPDATED RELEASE.....v1.1
Also starting work on an admin section as suggested by Scubes13, thank you.
This will include a master admin account, an option to give admin status to any other account, create/delete accounts, send password/change password/recover password and change quota.

Quote from: tuney
Unfortunately yes, this release will only work with those who utilize CPanel. The reason is simple, if somewhat selfish! I use CPanel so I know how that works. :-[

However, in theory at least, it should be relatively easy to adapt it for those who use web interfaces other than CPanel.

Once this release is out, if anyone would like it for another interface other than CPanel and is willing to test it before release I will adapt it for other systems.

Right now just testing things out and thinking of writting an install script for ease of setup.

Well, being the one who initially asked for this and having followed the thread closely, has been killer. I have never been a fan of CPanel, but how I wish I had it at the moment. LOL!

If and when you decide to try to tackle a generic non-CPanel version, let me know. I will be more than willing to test the hound out of it for you.

You have definitely done a great job at this application piece. As "Kieran" said, it is a great addition to the RoundCube project. It takes RoundCube to a whole new level. I can see you being a great asset to the RoundCube family of devs. Job well done!

Kevin L.

Offline nefarios

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2006, 03:16:15 AM »
is there a way to install this Auto Email Creation without using the Cpanel? cos i dont use Cpanel... if there is i am so much thankful. i just need the administration page cause i dont allow user to create sign-up own their own.

thanks...

Offline Pete

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2006, 06:23:09 AM »
Looking at all the possible additions in a future version that have been mentioned recently, I'd like to make a quick suggestion.

I think each feature should be able to be turned on or off in hte config file. Also, in terms of my suggestion to add auto-responders as an option, I think you should have the option to enable them for the admin users only or for everyone. Additionally, a user's auto-reply text should be set on the RC preferences page and stored in the database so they don't have to re-type it every time it's switched on and the on/off option should be here too I think.

As a final thought it might be nice to have an indicator somewhere on the main RC inbox screen as a reminder it's still on! ;)

Offline tuney

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2006, 10:49:43 AM »
I'm really glad to see some great suggestions and enthusiasm for future realeases.

Pete, your idea of the autoresponder addition is well thought out.
I also had that idea that any future releases will include options during install to select which functions will or will not be installed with maybe a way in the admin panel to alter these choices at a later date without having to reinstall. (Great minds think alike!)
The autoresponder on/off could also be in the admin panel, thus allowing it to be enabled on/off for all or individual users.
Once it is enabled then the user could be sent an email informing them that the option is on with instructions on how to use the feature.
I like the idea of individual users being able to turn autoresponders on/off from there account and a status being shown.

I am also planning on getting this working with platforms other than CPanel.
If people can let me know what it is thy are using (and are willing to do some testing for me as I will not be able to test on anything but CPanel) we can try and get this working for all platforms!
Once this has been achieved then it will be incorparated into a generic script. The platform used can then be chosen at install.

Many thanks again for all your ideas, suggestions, thoughts and helping take this addon far past what it was original written for.

Offline simplistsims

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2006, 12:11:07 PM »
What would be great is if the script works with Plesk as I might be moving to a Plesk based server. Maybe also ZPanel.

Offline nipun_jain

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2006, 12:25:55 PM »
Okay, let me get this straight. What this mod does is add a functionality to roundcube, which enables the users with admin rights to add email accounts? While adding email accounts, the password is specified by the admin? And the login info is emailed to the person for whom the account is created. And the user for whom the email account was created cannot change the password from within rc interface. Is this right?

Offline tuney

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2006, 02:16:51 PM »
Yes, that's basically how the 'create account' on the admin side goes.

You must remember that this script started as a personal one-off, never intended for release, just to add the ability for users to signup an account and retrieve lost passwords.
The admin panel was latter added after requests. The create account was added to the admin panel after a request.

While I agree with you that the ability of users to change their password from within RoundCube would be very welcome it is not what this addon was started for.

There is also a addon already available for this feature (adding change password to RoundCube), however I have not had the chance to test this out myself yet.
As long as this addon works, why recreate the wheel ?

If someone has tested this password change addon and can verify whether it works it would be helpful.

If it appears that it doesn't work then I will certainly add a user password change feature to the next release.