Author Topic: Auto User Email Creation  (Read 308644 times)

Offline Martin2008

Re: Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
Quote from: tuney
Unfortunately yes, this release will only work with those who utilize CPanel. The reason is simple, if somewhat selfish! I use CPanel so I know how that works. :-[

However, in theory at least, it should be relatively easy to adapt it for those who use web interfaces other than CPanel.

Once this release is out, if anyone would like it for another interface other than CPanel and is willing to test it before release I will adapt it for other systems.

Right now just testing things out and thinking of writting an install script for ease of setup.

I have seen this beautiful plugin in roundcube for CPanel users. Unfortunately, it does not work for our server with roundcube. I was just hoping if you can modify this for those who are using Plesk web panel. I will really appreciate this addition.

Martin

Offline eliotte

« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »
I'm also working on a singup script... you can take a look at http://www.iphonemail.net/session.php

I'm now working on the change/recovery password and after I will make a administrator view. I will send My script when it will be done!

Offline sirega_kid

« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
Hello first of all, thank you for the great addon. I got the "Signup" working, But I am having some trouble installing the "rc_signup_and_admin_2_1_beta_1" I did the first part while installing "Sign up" but in part 2 I cant find the bold (look below) pieces of code. I have looked everywhere, and tried everything possible. But still can't find them in /program/include/main.inc

IN program/include/main.inc

Search for    // MAIL
          'mailboxlist' => 'rcmail_mailbox_list',

Above Add....
/************** ADDED FOR ADMIN**************************/
'adminprivelage' => 'check_admin_priv',
/*********************************************/

Then search in the same file for    // return code for the webmail login form
            function rcmail_login_form($attrib)
'

I know it's probably some easy thing, but I can't figure it out. I spent hours. Please help.

Again thank you for such a nice addon.

Offline jasonar

« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
I keep getting this error:

Invalid default value for 'activated'

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? And also I wanted to ask about one of the required install feilds, I'm on shared hosting so I don't have an actual IP for my site but my site is at an IP liek this: 123.456.789.000/~mysite/ so what do I change it to?

Thanks, John

Offline abadaba

« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »
I'm getting the same error when running the installer Invalid default value for 'activated'. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out! If anyone has any ideas, please post your thoughts.

Adam

Offline abadaba

« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2008, 09:50:39 PM »
I actually got this working with the most recent SVN version. If anyone would like to test please do http://email.stupidlag.com

Adam

Offline jasonar

« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2008, 07:08:35 AM »
I've given up trying to get that error to stop, I manually installed everything and the database tables and was very impresses, I still couldn't get it to work. So I'm working on a better admin panel that bonds right with most releases of cPanel no database table creating and a boat load of features that allow you to edit email accounts, delete email accounts, create email accounts, reset email accounts, ban email accounts, restrict email accounts, show custom alerts to certain accounts, and a ton of more stuff that I can't even think of right now. so if anyones interested I should have it done in a couple weeks, plus I was sad to see that almost all of the passwords change plugins are either for private servers or for hMailServer, I've decided to make a simple plugin that again bonds right away with cpanel versions. And that post about support is right, it does suck here. No affense to those of you that actually help people, good job.

Offline abadaba

« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
I have noticed the spam tagging doesn't work for the users created with this tool. On email addresses that are normally created through cPanel. Any email that is spam is marked ***SPAM*** in the subject. Where as the email that were created from this script all spam gets put through to the inbox. Kind of pulling my hair out on this option! Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going on? How would i check users to se if they have spam filtering turned on? I've made sure that spamassasin is turned on globally within WHM.

Adam

Offline eliotte

« Reply #263 on: February 16, 2008, 03:25:17 PM »
Quote from: eliotte
I'm also working on a singup script... you can take a look at http://www.iphonemail.net/session.php

I'm now working on the change/recovery password and after I will make a administrator view. I will send My script when it will be done!

Now i'm working on the recovery password. It's now done at 80% . After, I strart the integration on roudecube to be able to modify password, name, alternate email...

You can take a look the recovery page at http://www.iphonemail.net/reco_pass.php

Offline Zimpacks

« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2008, 04:32:30 AM »
Hi, just curious, has anyone managed to get this plugin to work on the RC Joomla component?

Thanks.

Offline rihad

« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2008, 05:14:12 AM »
Hey, eliotte, have you considered adding CAPTCHA validation (preventing automated sign-ups) to your code? The Internet is an evil place, so such countermeasures are considered the norm by many sysadmins.

Offline eliotte

« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2008, 01:44:22 PM »
Quote from: rihad
Hey, eliotte, have you considered adding CAPTCHA validation (preventing automated sign-ups) to your code? The Internet is an evil place, so such countermeasures are considered the norm by many sysadmins.

yes.. it's done. The sing up process take 3 step. The first page is for personnal information.. the 2nd is to prevent automated singup(retype code on the field) and 3rd to accept terms of the web site. After, you see a page where you can see all the details to setup any email software like outlook. you can also login using webmail

Offline eliotte

« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
Quote from: blu3m3
So can anyone help me please i want to add capcha in this script but i can't make it work please help me

It's very easy... make a form and add the image randomimage.php

and add the randomimage.php on the same folder:

// make a string with all the characters that we
// want to use as the verification code
$alphanum = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789";

// generate the verication code
$rand = substr(str_shuffle($alphanum), 0, 5);

// create an image object using the chosen background
$image = imagecreatefromjpeg("background.jpg");

$textColor = imagecolorallocate ($image, 0, 0, 0);

// write the code on the background image
imagestring ($image, 5, 5, 5, $rand, $textColor);

// create the hash for the verification code
// and put it in the session
$rand = md5($rand);

$_SESSION['random'] = $rand ;

// send several headers to make sure the image is not cached   
// taken directly from the PHP Manual

// Date in the past
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");

// always modified
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");

// HTTP/1.1
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);

// HTTP/1.0
header("Pragma: no-cache");    

// send the content type header so the image is displayed properly
header('Content-type: image/jpeg');

// send the image to the browser
imagejpeg($image);

// destroy the image to free up the memory
imagedestroy($image);
?>

After, you need to verify if the user enter the right word on the field. the real text is in a Session variable :$_SESSION['random'] . Make sure you add md5 in yout verification or remove it in the randomimage.php . Also..add a backgound.jpg to add a backgroud imagne of your new capcha pics

Offline okanime

« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »
Dude what happened you men? I read all 18 pages of your forum to end up disappointed that your didn't finish the new release! It was starting to take off. I hope you are ok men. Did u win the lottery and kick us to the curb?

Quote from: tuney
Ok, it's been a while, too long in fact. My appologies.
Work has been keeping me very very busy.

However, with a somewhat renewed interest in this addon and the fact that it was never completed to my satisfaction, I am planning on putting side a little time out of each day to dedicate to the addon.

I will going through all posts here, addressing issues, overalling the addon, refining where possible, fixing bugs and incorporating some possible requests.

A new release will then be made available.

It's been a while since I did any work on it, which is good.
This means I come back to it fresh.
I can do a fresh install using the instructions as someone who has never installed it before, as my memory is lacking! and refine the install file.
I can also hopefully find some bugs besides the ones that may have been pointed out on this forum.

Once the next release is completed it will be made available for testing. I may also setup a dedicated forum/instruction/FAQ

After any little tweaks and bug fixes a final release will be made available.

All of the above will be for CPanel only.

After a stable final release on CPanel, I will start porting it to other systems.

There will be an update on progress, on this forum, every couple of days. Just to let you all know work is indeed still continuing.

Thanks for everyones support and speak again soon.

Offline dr.pantagon

« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
Hi
I'm Install rc_signup_and_admin_2_1_beta_1 and Find Xss Bug
Please Help Me For Path
http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=232.0;attach=156
Bug Model : XSS
Risk : LOW
Page : error.php

http://mail.irangmail.com/error.php?ermsg=Invalid%20alternate%20email%20address.

http://mail.irangmail.com/error.php?ermsg=HACKED AND OHTER MESSAGE LOAD ON THIS PAGE

=================================
and more proposal for better you program

1 - insert login [ user password text box ] to ed534ggt.php page For External Login
and rename this page to index.php for index Folder
2 - Insert Display logged account
3 - Insert Forward Mail