Author Topic: Auto User Email Creation  (Read 308719 times)

Offline hkr

Re: Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2008, 08:50:27 AM »
i keep getting an error :

"" Unknown column 'quota' in 'field list' ""

Offline hkr

« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »
nevermind, prb solved.

Offline bryantwest

« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »
Hi everyone

This sounds GREAT, but am a bit new to RoundCube.
I'd like to incorperate this functionality into one of my sites (Joomla and Community Builder).

I've read the 19 pages and am a bit confused... the functionality side I'd like is that a user who signs up to my site has the option of creating a webmail account with their user details (and can view their webmail in a wrapper).

Many questions but here's the first... my users are already in a database, do I need to create a new database for RC?
Is it possible to have them all in one database (as my hosting company only allows one per site)?

Offline speck0r

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2008, 06:12:06 AM »
hi this is what i need, but i cant download, because the filearchive is broken :(

can somebody send me the latested version from this script?

Offline firemail

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2008, 01:46:06 PM »
The answer is : YES it can be done, the question is can YOU do it.
Unless you have indepth knowledge of php code programming, this will not happen.

The Tuney Auto User Configuration(TUAC) can be re-written and integrated into joomla (if you can access Joomla source).

Writing the RC and TAUC tables into the joomla  database is the easy part, the hard part, you will have to incorporate the modified code from TUAC into the Joomla source at the right places to create the fields in the db, and set up the account on cpanel.

I would recommend changing hosts though, it would be simpler.  
I sell RC hosting w/ 4 MySQL, 100 emails, fantastico, rvBackup, 70Mb +++ @ $4.95us w/ paypal

Alex

Offline LiberaDreams

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »
I just now found this script, and I see that a new version of RC has just been released. Can the current version of this plug-in work with the newest version of RC?

Offline AmunSheut

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2008, 01:32:44 AM »
Is this still being worked on? It seems like the majority of features were slated to be released, but never were. Anyone?

Offline telazorn

Help Bad
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2008, 05:21:33 AM »
I would realy love to be able to use this plug in but see i use the joomla set up of round cube, and i do a little coding but not to the point i would be able to get it to work is there any news when the MOD will be out for Joomla 1.5?

Offline malikhemani

Upload Users and Update PW
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »
Hello All, this mod is excellent. We need some more modifications/add ons to help us out. We are using roundcube for our student organization which has over 500 members each semester. Right now we are manually entering users. It took us two days to add close to 100 Users. Each semester we get 75+ new members and it is a pain to manually add them all. Please see below what we are looking for.

1 - Can anyone help me out. Using this mod we would like to create a place where we can upload a .xls or .txt or .csv file that will create the users in cpanel and in the table this mod uses while checking to make sure there is no duplicate created if so it warns me of those and we can create those manually with a digit at the end of their email. This will help us a lot. this would be done via the admin page like there is the create a new user icon and than there would be upload users. (we can even setle as far as creating a multi user creation form so instead of one create user there is a page that has rows of fields that each row is a new user  so maybe like 20 rows and when you hit save it goes through 20 users and creates and we repeat) the ultimate goal is the upload with unlimited number of users.

2 - The second mod i would like to create or suggest is this. In this mod the passwords are saved in a mysql db table which any admin can pull up and see which is kind of a prob and security risk. We have a change password mod installed on round cube we found in the forum that when you change it goes to cpanel and changes it. however when you use the password recovery, it pulls the pw from teh db table it has so if a user has changed the pw and goes to do recovery they are shown the wrong one since cpanel is changed but the table isnt updated. We would like to integrate it with that so no pw are stored in mysql table but are directly connected to cpanel. So when people do password recovery instead of going to db table it goes to cpanel and emails you the pw from there to your secondary email we used to create the account with.

Please let me know if someone can help me out! Thanks in advance!

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:38:30 PM by malikhemani »
Malik M. Hemani
Graphic Stylus | Print Stylus
Malik@GraphicStylus.net

Visit our latest specials at http://www.graphicstylus.net | http://www.printstylus.net

Offline Himalaya

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »
at the signup i get "Table 'xlreigrs_mail.useraccounts' doesn't exist" how can i fix that, someone told me i had to run something. What do i run? How do i run it if there is something to run? Thank You.

never mind, i got to fixing that, now i am stuck on this part... I keep getting over and over again:
"Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/xlreigrs/public_html/mail3/emsu/signup.php on line 92

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/xlreigrs/public_html/mail3/emsu/signup.php on line 93"

how can i solve this problem?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:02:40 PM by Himalaya »

Offline mike_vip

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2008, 07:34:46 AM »
where can I find tha latest release? is it working in plesk? if not, I'll rewrite the original CPanel script for Plesk...

thanks in advance

Offline astrosmf

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2008, 01:08:47 AM »
after filling out all of the signup information i get this error...

Code: [Select]
Warning: fopen(http://...@cpanel_ip:cpanel/frontend/x2/mail/doaddpop.html?email=&domain=chatlaunch.com&password=&quota=250) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Success in /home1/ffivzerz/public_html/julyalive/webmail/mod_newuser/signup.php on line 173

what's wrong??

Offline mike_vip

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
firstly, i'm dissapointed because of no reply on my post

astrosmf did you fill in cpanel account infos? they're written somewhere in config file, i think

i was searching for some useful informations about creating mail accounts for roundcube on plesk based systems. plesk extends api rpc protocol, which can make them. i have amost done it, but i still have one little problem with premisions in plesk. so if you know how to solve this...
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=47255

Offline mike_vip

Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2008, 04:35:07 AM »
firstly, i'm dissapointed because of no reply on my post

astrosmf did you fill in cpanel account infos? they're written somewhere in config file, i think

I was searching for some useful informations about creating mail accounts via plesk. plesk extends api rpc protocol, which can make them. But, I have still one little problem. I wrote basic xml packet to get informations about my domain from plesk. It's only test packet, but I still get error code 1006 - premissions denied. My problem is, that I don't have admins acc in plesk, so I'm just client. So anyone who have admin privileges to plesk, please contact me here, or on icq 335850473.

better description of my problem at
http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=47255
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:30:48 AM by mike_vip »

Lihualee

good!
« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »
bump the thread up.