Author Topic: Auto User Email Creation  (Read 308734 times)

Offline djjoja

Re: Auto User Email Creation
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »
Hi people! I have a small problem:
in the Install.TXT file it says :
skins/your_skin/templates/login.html (This is part of the Roundcube installation. Edit login.html for the skin that you are using.)

************** INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ******************
There are 3 files that need to be edited.

skins/your_skin/templates/login.html (This is part of the Roundcube installation. Edit login.html for the skin that you are using.)
   program/include/main.inc (This is part of the Roundcube installation)
   skins/your_skin/templates/mail.html (This is part of the Roundcube installation Substitue 'your_skin' for the skin that you are using)

I found the template/login.html file and edited it.
when i came to the /include/main.inc the install.txt says to find
IN program/include/main.inc

Search for    // MAIL
          'mailboxlist' => 'rcmail_mailbox_list',

Above Add....
/************** ADDED FOR ADMIN**************************/
'adminprivelage' => 'check_admin_priv',
/*********************************************/

the problem i have is tht the main.inc i have in my server doesnt' have tht sentence; wat i mean to say is in the main.inc file, when i search for //MAIL... etc.. there's no result, i mean tht the file doesnt have tht sentence in it, so i cant edit it. can anyone help plz! thanks!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »
Yes that part was moved to A different file and the script has not been up dated , they is not a fix out for it yet.

Offline djjoja

« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2007, 03:30:29 PM »
oh... i really wanted this script! anwayys, wen will it be out?

Offline cferd

« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »
In the same file (program/includes/main.inc) I added the code immediately below $OUTPUT->add_handlers(array(
That seems to work ok.

Offline blu3m3

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »
How can i add an security image? when someone try to register an account?

Offline sathya

« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2007, 09:05:07 AM »
Quote from: djjoja
Hi people! I have a small problem:
in the Install.TXT file it says :

************** INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ******************
There are 3 files that need to be edited.

program/include/main.inc (This is part of the Roundcube installation)
   skins/your_skin/templates/mail.html (This is part of the Roundcube installation Substitue 'your_skin' for the skin that you are using)

I found the template/login.html file and edited it.
when i came to the /include/main.inc the install.txt says to find
IN program/include/main.inc

Search for    // MAIL
          'mailboxlist' => 'rcmail_mailbox_list',

Above Add....

the problem i have is tht the main.inc i have in my server doesnt' have tht sentence; wat i mean to say is in the main.inc file, when i search for //MAIL... etc.. there's no result, i mean tht the file doesnt have tht sentence in it, so i cant edit it. can anyone help plz! thanks!

can any body suggest how to handle this issue..am new to RC

thanks,
Sathya

Offline cferd

« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »
I mentioned how to 2 posts up from yours. I'll make it a little clearer  ;)

In program/include/main.inc

Search for....
$OUTPUT->add_handlers(array(

Below Add....
/************** ADDED FOR ADMIN**************************/
'adminprivelage' => 'check_admin_priv',
/*********************************************/

Offline blu3m3

« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »
So does any one knows how to add a simple script of security image or question in to registration form?

Offline blu3m3

« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2007, 10:01:16 AM »
Hello I want to know if i can integrate in this script a form that a user can delete his email account if he doesnt want it any more. thx.

Offline blu3m3

« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2007, 01:40:35 AM »
So can anyone help me please i want to add capcha in this script but i can't make it work please help me

Offline misteraven

« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
again...

i'd pay a fair bit to have auto user email creation integrated with vBulletin, and a fair bit more if it also included OpenAds integration (or something similar) for ad campaign tracking.

Offline blu3m3

« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2007, 05:00:27 AM »
I dont understand what yuo said. cam u be more specific? i succeded to add a security question in this script. but i dont understand your post.

Offline jeremyr

« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »
Seems i got the beta installed and running expect two errors...

first when i click on the add/remove admin status in the admin section i get this error message
"YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS AREA"

and the other message i get any time i try to execute any admin functions is this:

Warning: fopen(http://.@:/frontend/bluelagoon/mail/dopasswdpop.html?email=admin&domain=... cut it off here.

This second error i see that instead of listing the IP and port of my cPanel it has placed a .@: could that be the cause?

thanks in advance

Offline mastacontrola

« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »
I was just playing on the internet for a little while and I found something that helped me create a user creation form. This is important because I have noticed that there is not anything for roundcube that auto creates users without the need for cpanel or any other type of panel. This is completely free to use so it could save people money. However, I am not that great with php programming. I used others Ideas and made my modifications. I am just wondering if anybody else is interested and possibly willing to help. The only thing that I have right now is the ability to add new users. The form looks like crap but maybe some of you smart people might be able to help. If you guys are willing to help me, please email me at thomas@mastercontrol.homelinux.com. I am using courier-imap, postfix, postfixadmin, mysql, spamassassin, amavisd for my email server. Please just let me know and I will post the files.

All I did was add the link

New User in between the two /div's above body and linked it to register.php I copied all of the files that are in the tar.gz file to the root of the folder containing the webmail stuff. When you click the link it goes to a new html page with none of the formatting.

Offline mvi

« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »
Thought I'd post this just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

The script truncates cPanel passwords at 20 characters, if like me you use long passwords, you will need either to edit the installer or install then edit the mysql row. Please note that when you go to install, it will create the admin user (because it's using your form data) but when new users try to register, it uses the truncated password and therefore is unable to create them (resulting in it attempting to load for a fair while 10-20 seconds before coming up with an empty page. Excellent script by the way, very useful. Thanks for putting the time and effort in to create it, you have my gratitude.