Author Topic: Adding Web Links to the top of the RoundCube Interface  (Read 3644 times)

Offline plumbington

Adding Web Links to the top of the RoundCube Interface
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:21:56 PM »
New install of RoundCube v1.1.

We'd like to add links to a couple of other web applications that we use in the RoundCube interface.  Was thinking about adding something like additional Get Support links, or perhaps even like extra Mail or Address Book buttons.

The idea is that these links/buttons would be simple redirections to a different URL.  Would be really cool if we could use some kind of macro feature (eg. like %u for current userid) in the URL construction.

Can this be done in a relatively simple fashion?

TIA

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Adding Web Links to the top of the RoundCube Interface
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:08:08 PM »
If you add the links via javascript it would be to hard to have dynamic urls.

Offline plumbington

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »
I could live without the dynamic content, and start just with the static link.

Where would I look to do this?  Not knowing RoundCube very well, is there a template somewhere I could modify, or do I have to change .php files?

TIA

Ian

Offline plumbington

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
Found it.

I modified the skins/larry/includes/header.html file to add href's to the Calendar and Change Password tools that are included in Mac OS X Server.  As it turns out, because RoundCube is installed as a Web App, one has to login to the OS X server to run it, and that login is persistant when accessing the Calendar and Change Password web apps as well.

All is good!

Offline plumbington

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:01:08 PM »
As it turns out, because RoundCube is installed as a Web App, one has to login to the OS X server to run it, and that login is persistant when accessing the Calendar and Change Password web apps as well.

Looks like I lied about this part.  Login to RoundCube is not related to login to the Calendar or ChangePassword webApps of OS X Server.  You'll have to repeat login process to Calendar even if you're logged into RoundCube.